Basement: 2700sq feet, bar area, 25 seats for patrons

First floor: 2600sq feet, small bar, 42 seats for patrons

Second floor: 2700sq feet, pool table, 540sq foot dance floor

Third floor: 2700sq feet, 541sq foot dance floor, VIP lounge with 18 seats

Total capacity = 325 people.

DJ's and live bands will be allowed.

This is the location:

sevens.jpg

This is the first I've heard of this. When is opening planned? Where did you learn of this? Do you know who the owner's are?

This is the first I've heard of this. When is opening planned? Where did you learn of this? Do you know who the owner's are?

They are applying for their special use permit from the city. You can see the full document here:

Link

It lists the proponents as:

Thomas Retnaver

Hiren Patel

Granby is not the only street in DT. I believe it will be mixed in with Granby and possibly down Brambleton and in the DT Plaza area.

Good point. There are numerous shops and stores throughout Freemason, on Main Street, etc. Yet, a Palace Shops/Ghent type experience might be something to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

MacArthur Center in downtown Norfolk has seen its share of store openings, closings and relocations recently, but many of the temporary walls hiding construction of new stores and remodeling of old ones are coming down soon.

The cat's out of the bag. This past weekend was the grand opening of the first Apple Store in the Hampton Roads region. The store sits between Illuminations and Harry and David on the second floor and will allow customers to get a feel for not only the ubiquitous iPod, but also the new MacBook Pro laptop and the companys full line of desktop computers. The site raised suspicions when a large black Apple logo appeared on the front of the temporary wall hiding the build-out of the store within, but neither MacArthur Center representatives nor Apple would say whether Hampton Roads would be getting its first Apple store.

link

Finally went by the apple store yesterday (been on vacation all week so havent been to the mall) very impressive, lots of interaction, ipods especially. H&M has clothes in the store, they really busted their tails to open on Thursday, last projection i heard was early October. And a buddy of mine is looking at retail space on Granby St through a broker, looking for a place to open a restaurant and bar. Found a place that's 6K square feet for $5K a month? Anyone familiar with the leasing prices in downtown? Only substantial place i could think of was the old Station 2, or else something north of Brambelton.

Finally went by the apple store yesterday (been on vacation all week so havent been to the mall) very impressive, lots of interaction, ipods especially. H&M has clothes in the store, they really busted their tails to open on Thursday, last projection i heard was early October. And a buddy of mine is looking at retail space on Granby St through a broker, looking for a place to open a restaurant and bar. Found a place that's 6K square feet for $5K a month? Anyone familiar with the leasing prices in downtown? Only substantial place i could think of was the old Station 2, or else something north of Brambelton.

What kind of place is your friend trying to open up?

I'm glad they came here. I'm not a big Mac fan. I love the ability to swap stuff out on my PC and upgrade without sending it to Apple.

I'm not a big mac fan either but with the way my PC's been acting lately i'm about to become one. :lol: My only concern is how they are as gaming computers.

I'm not a big mac fan either but with the way my PC's been acting lately i'm about to become one. :lol: My only concern is how they are as gaming computers.

They are excellent for mulitmedia so they would be excellent for gaming. I'm just not sure all the games out there are made for Macs. I will have to check into that

What kind of place is your friend trying to open up?

Something along the lines of Havana's or Hell's Kitchen was the impression i got. He owns a couple Johnny Boys (kiosks in front of Home Depot) and he's selling them and investing in a new bar, stepping up the later. I'm thinking it's either Station 2 or Jack Quinn's, but more than likely it'd be Station 2.

H&M opened at MacArthur Center yesterday afternoon, it is HUGE. Looks to be doing brisk business as well. EQ3 opens the middle of next month i believe. As far as a third anchor goes, there have been no talks, not even preliminary in the last year.

H&M is a neat place. I'm sure glad MacArthur got one. The mall seems to be going back to higher-end retail after some lower offerings before. :thumbsup:

Went to the new apple store yesterday and I was totally impressed. If I had stayed but a few seconds longer I probably would've been walking out with a new laptop and an ipod. :lol: I definately plan on purchasing something from there in the future.

It is a neat place. I ordered my new Ipod yesterday from online and it should be here by Wednesday. If you order online you can get free inscripting. :yahoo: