CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definitely very encouraging news, RT! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D A decent all-residential tower has been desperately needed in downtown Greenville for over a decade now. Can't wait to see how it will impact both the skyline and the pedestrian activity in that part of the CBD. :shades:

MAybe, JUST maybe sales will take off when this project starts going verticle. It's not so far fetched to think that at all. And that could then be an example for other projects to go ahead and get started...

Like Skyliner, I can't wait to see the impact that this project makes. The river has life now, but adding this to the mix will increase pedestrian traffic along the river and should spur developments along River Street and Broad Streets.

How difficult will it be for people living in The Camperdown to walk under the Academy Street bridge toward the hub of the West End and downtown? Is there room for more development on The Camperdown side of Academy Street? I am having trouble envisioning the surrounding area, aside from knowing where Academy Street is as well as First Citizens headquarters (the old Duke Power building).

How difficult will it be for people living in The Camperdown to walk under the Academy Street bridge toward the hub of the West End and downtown? Is there room for more development on The Camperdown side of Academy Street?

It will be very walkable to main street and the west end from the Camperdown due to the Academy Street bridge. IMO the whole area along the river (above the flood plan) has great potential for residential development due to the easy connection to Main street and the new Tram trail.

How difficult will it be for people living in The Camperdown to walk under the Academy Street bridge toward the hub of the West End and downtown? Is there room for more development on The Camperdown side of Academy Street? I am having trouble envisioning the surrounding area, aside from knowing where Academy Street is as well as First Citizens headquarters (the old Duke Power building).

Perhaps not under the bridge, but it is definitely walkable up to Academy Street and across it. There may need to be a cross walk installed or perhaps even a pedestrian bridge in the future, depending on traffic, but it's definitely walkable. There's not much room at all under the Academy Street Bridge.

There is definitely more room on that side of Academy, between Academy and the Reedy River for more development...all the way toward the Kroc Center site.

Also, the website states that construction will begin in fall 2006:

http://camperdown.southcorpinc.com/content/view/25/75/

Has it always said this? On another page of their site, it states that over half of the 81 units have been reserved. All of this sounds in line with what RT posted. :thumbsup:

This is all new. It's right in line with what g-man has informed me that Marchant has told him, too. :thumbsup:

"A new street level Sales Gallery has been opened in downtown Greenville at 233 Main St., #111 and is hosted by the professional sales agents of The Marchant Company. Inquires can now walk-in or make an appointment to accommodate their personal schedules."

That is from the camperdown website. I walked by that store on main street the other weekend and wondered if it has anything to do with the camperdown website. I suppose it does because it mentions it on the camperdown website.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted previously?

Southcorp Development & Investments, LLC Closes Construction Loan for Camperdown Luxury Condominiums Phase I:

http://www.southcorpinc.com/content/view/31/35/

Great! I can't wait to see a crane and SOMETHING coming out of the ground! I will definitely be taking 123 back and forth between Greenville and Clemson in the future, rather than 85.

Archived