CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

I don't know who you spoke with at Harper, carolinadude9409, but as of a couple of weeks ago I was told that the minimum number of units had been sold and that construction would begin before the end of the calendar year. That seemed to be supported by the fact that they obtained the construction loan. Perhaps some things have changed since then, but I am not convinced that The Camperdown is far from starting construction.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who you spoke with at Harper, carolinadude9409, but as of a couple of weeks ago I was told that the minimum number of units had been sold and that construction would begin before the end of the calendar year. That seemed to be supported by the fact that they obtained the construction loan. Perhaps some things have changed since then, but I am not convinced that The Camperdown is far from starting construction.

...and when was the last time SouthCorp Inc. released news regarding the Camperdown. It has been at least 6 months since that construction loan release. I have heard the same as you Greenville. Harper told me 35-40 units and Marchant Co. has told me 15, while SouthCorp won't send me any response. I'm going to go with Marchant though because they did close construction loan one and their the ones selling the condos.

sounds like "he said, she said" when will the madness stop. i say just cancel the project and put a KRYSTAL burgers joint there instead!!! :P

I wonder if they lied about more than half of the units being reserved to try to get more people to buy their condos and to try to make it seem like everything was going great when really it wasn't. I'm going with the 20 somebody else said because if there were more than half reserved, construction would of definitely started by now.

SDI Closes Construction Loan for Camperdown Luxury Condominiums Phase I.

Camperdown Luxury Condominiums, located in downtown Greenville, SC, has been taking reservations and recently closed of a $16.3 million dollar construction loan for Phase I. Southcorp Development and Investments of Stone Mountain, GA has sold reservations for more than half of its 81 units.

The 14-story, beautifully designed state-of-the-art structure will attractively grace downtown Greenville

Are you referring to The Camperdown or the "super duper top secret Bob Ellis uptown tower"?

I was wondering the same thing, but I think he is refering to the Camperdown. I don't know, if it weren't for that article about the loan, I might be ready to head to the clubhouse on this one...

Bummer. I also know some info about this project thanks to Bob Ellis that I am not allowed to share, but probably not as much as you do. I can tell you it will be mixed-use and over 10 stories tall though. I'm not sure when an announcement might come out.

Have you also heard that it could be the state's new tallest?

I think if they are going to build a states tallest in greenville then at least make it something more than 350 feet. The capital building is supposed to be like what 349 feet? I would at least go 400-450 ft which i think would compliment the daniel building nicely

I think if they are going to build a states tallest in greenville then at least make it something more than 350 feet. The capital building is supposed to be like what 349 feet? I would at least go 400-450 ft which i think would compliment the daniel building nicely

I agree, erm1981. I know some things about this project, but I don't know how many feet and how many stories tall it will be though if it gets built. I do know though if it does get built, it will be a new state's tallest just as long as nobody else beats us to the punch.

We have more taller buildings planned here than columbia does so im not sure if they will beat us. I think myrtle beach would be the first if greenville is not. I would love to see some towers like charlotte or atlanta has someday in greenville. I can definetly see it happeneing if greenville keeps attracting people to this area like it has done in the past.

Archived