CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Camperdown

RestedTraveler

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 20 units have been reserved, not more than half unfortunately.

What is your source? I would think that southcorpinc would know how many units have actually been sold. And why would the bank close on loan for which less than a quarter of the units were sold. We heard 43 awile back, so I am inclined to think this may be correct.

Based on what I have heard, this project has the green light. I have heard that they have pre-sold over half of the units and are ready to proceed with construction. That seems to line up with the announcement that Camperdown got the construction loan. It is also consistent with the start date listed on their website (fall/winter 2006).

Great! I can't wait to see a crane and SOMETHING coming out of the ground! I will definitely be taking 123 back and forth between Greenville and Clemson in the future, rather than 85.

Why wouldn't you do that anyway? Its faster. I take 123 to work every day, and it takes right at +/-35 mins to get downtown.

Why wouldn't you do that anyway? Its faster. I take 123 to work every day, and it takes right at +/-35 mins to get downtown.

Well, it takes me 10-15 to get downtown from my house, so 85 and 123 end up taking the same amount of time for me. If only I lived downtown :whistling:

What is your source? I would think that southcorpinc would know how many units have actually been sold. And why would the bank close on loan for which less than a quarter of the units were sold. We heard 43 awile back, so I am inclined to think this may be correct.

Kathy Slayter, who is the person from Marchant Company selling these condos.

Based on what I have heard, this project has the green light. I have heard that they have pre-sold over half of the units and are ready to proceed with construction. That seems to line up with the announcement that Camperdown got the construction loan. It is also consistent with the start date listed on their website (fall/winter 2006).

They have not presold over half of the units, but only 20. I think a lot of people got sick of waiting for this to get built and bailed out. :unsure:

Didn't we see a press release that Wells Fargo closed on the consturction loan for this? If that is the case they have sold enough units and this thing is going to start. No worries.

Yes, that is correct. They didn't have to sell half of the units to begin construction, but 15. They are waiting for the developer, Southcorp Inc. and the contractor, Harper Corp. to begin construction, which should be in the next month or two.

Not to mention that all three of these projects (Camperdown, Pinnacle, and Peacock), when combined with RiverPlace, McBee Station, and the work going on over at CU-ICAR and the Point will put a heavy demand on construction resources and labor. They all may be slow-developing projects. Only time will tell, I guess. :unsure:

Not to mention that all three of these projects (Camperdown, Pinnacle, and Peacock), when combined with RiverPlace, McBee Station, and the work going on over at CU-ICAR and the Point will put a heavy demand on construction resources and labor. They all may be slow-developing projects. Only time will tell, I guess. :unsure:

Luckily the Peacock and the Pinnacle aren't using Harper Corp. like everybody else is. :lol: The Peacock is using Rodgers Builders while the Pinnacle is using Triangle Construction.

I work for Harper and lately there has been a lot more competition in the neighborhood. Triangle is doing the pinnacle building. Manhattan is doing the larger building at ICAR. MBCON is working on a building at ICAR. Creative builders is working on the terrace at riverplace. It is better when you have other builders comming in to bid on jobs because it increases the competition. Unfortanetly Rodgers builders does horrible brick work. Also they will usually choose the lowest bid thinking they are getting a good deal, but usually end up getting some shoddy workman ship. I was looking at some of theirs at the hospital and i would be ashamed to say i worked on some of that stuff. Harper is putting a lot of concentration on the new publix beside the 29 bridge in downtown, hubble, and icar. There has not been much talk through the company grapevine about the camperdown starting anytime soon, but i suppose it might. Remember though that i did hear harper had 75% of the south financial project. This is very big news for harper. Plus they will be the general contractor for the magnolia square at the greenville mall site.

I work for Harper and lately there has been a lot more competition in the neighborhood. Triangle is doing the pinnacle building. Manhattan is doing the larger building at ICAR. MBCON is working on a building at ICAR. Creative builders is working on the terrace at riverplace. It is better when you have other builders comming in to bid on jobs because it increases the competition. Unfortanetly Rodgers builders does horrible brick work. Also they will usually choose the lowest bid thinking they are getting a good deal, but usually end up getting some shoddy workman ship. I was looking at some of theirs at the hospital and i would be ashamed to say i worked on some of that stuff. Harper is putting a lot of concentration on the new publix beside the 29 bridge in downtown, hubble, and icar. There has not been much talk through the company grapevine about the camperdown starting anytime soon, but i suppose it might. Remember though that i did hear harper had 75% of the south financial project. This is very big news for harper. Plus they will be the general contractor for the magnolia square at the greenville mall site.

By looking at Rodgers Builders website, their projects look pretty good. :huh: I sure hope the Peacock turns out nice even if they don't use a good contractor.

Really all depends on what kind of people you got working for you. The hampton hotel in downtown is a good example. If you compare the stone work on it to river house which harper did youll see a big difference. The masonry on a building really says a lot. By the way im a brick mason lol. I can see all that detail when the joints are not lined up right and when mortar is left all over the joints and not swept off right. We always joke around and say from a distance it looks good but when you get close it can be terrible. The average joe wouldnt pick up on it so they really wont ever know. The peacock will turn out nice if they have a good job superintendent that stays on the workers to do good work. Some job superintendents just sit in the office trailer all day and dont get out to see what people are doing. It really has a lot to do with who you got on the jobs. I think the peacock will turn out nice and they will probably put a good superintendent on it since it is a large scale job. I can tell you that on the magnolia square where the greenville mall is going to be harper will have their best superintendent out there. He is very good at spotting things and making people do the job right. He was over the charter communications building when we did it and it turned out very good. Also a very good superintendent will be over the south financial buildings. I already know who is going to be on these jobs just from hearing people talk on the jobs that harper is doing now. Im excited about the peacock even though harper isnt doing it.

Oh, this is good; just kidding:

The condos will start to be built when we achieve our pre-sale requirement of 35 -40 units under contract.

Prices are from 220's-650's approximately. We require a 5% down at time of execution of contract and all pre sale contracts reflect a 10% discount off the list price. The price is fixed for the entire construction process with no escalation clause which is great for the buyer.

A person from Harper has informed me they are no where near beginning construction of this and not enough units have been reserved yet. It will at least be 3-4 months minimum. They might as well triple the size of the original one, which was 8 stories I think and make it 24 now, just for the heck of it. I also removed that "realtor-related" thing, RT.

A person from Harper has informed me they are no where near beginning construction of this and not enough units have been reserved yet. It will at least be 3-4 months minimum. They might as well triple the size of the original one, which was 8 stories I think and make it 24 now, just for the heck of it. I also removed that "realtor-related" thing, RT.

Thanks. I'm clearer now.

As for the "realtor-related" stuff, isn't it ironic that we can't post phone numbers, etc. like that on here yet that very information is what's needed to entice people to buy into the project to get it off of the ground? :rolleyes:

Archived