Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

It's no problem. :)

Barber does have a lot of condo projects going: Bellafont, Legacy, Divinity, Westin Hotel, etc. They should be advertising more and keeping up to date, so the condos can get sold.

Yeah, you would think that they would invest a little money in a better website. They have got dozens of projects going on. They do have the bellafont, legacy, and 45th websites up, but they are not really informative. And what about all the other huge projects?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The building is finally getting built, but I don't think financially this project is going so great. Check out their website....www.thelegacybuilding.com They show you which condos have "sold" and which haven't. I counted 16 "sold" and 21 still available. I say "sold" because I wonder how many of them they are calling "sold" but have only collected the deposit money and not the full amount. I know the building ain't finished but still, only 40% is "sold". That doesn't strike me as much. Given some of their ads and hype you'd a thought there was just a handful left. Ha! The developers Brandon Barber and John Nock both strike me as a couple of young arrogant thirty-something punks that blow a whole lot of hot air about their projects. Us locals best be careful about buying into or believing their hype. Fortunately for me I'm not partnerning with them on any deals or lending them any money. LOL

I've wondered if some people have backed out because I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be finished about this time and obviously it's not. Perhaps there was a clause letting people out if it wasn't built on time. As far as blowing a lot of hot air I think this is somewhat common to a lot of big developments. Everyone wants to build up hype for their development. I do think there are some of us worried that the Barber Group could be overextending themselves a bit on everything. I still like what they're doing though and hope this gamble works out for them.

Yeah, you would think that they would invest a little money in a better website. They have got dozens of projects going on. They do have the bellafont, legacy, and 45th websites up, but they are not really informative. And what about all the other huge projects?

I think it also has something to do with the area. Does any local developer have a great website? For that matter many don't seem to have hardly anything at all on their websites if they even bother to have one.

I was on Dickson Street last night. The legacy looks beautiful, especially at night. It reminded me of walking on Markham Street, with store front retail and mid-rises in the background. It's the most I've ever felt like I was in a downtown in NWA.

I haven't been down there again since I left for vacation. I'll have to do that soon.

Their website says only 11 more to go for the Legacy, which means more than half sold or in process. They should really get the two to match. :blink:

Yeah I don't think they've kept their website very up to date.

Has Barber changed the exterior materials for this project?

The renderings looks like brick and the product looks to be incorporating a lot of faux stucco at this point.

I don't think so. I've been noticing things like this a lot. The newer more realistic renderings on the Lofts at Underwood Plaza look quite a bit different. I think it's more the problem of these types of renderings not very accurately showing what the structure will truely look like. I'm hoping more developers will use better renderings, maybe something like the newest renderings of the Lofts at Underwood Plaza. So we can really get a good idea of what the future building will look like.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shots!! I'm sure they'll still have to furbish the condos, so it probably won't be open until the beginning or middle of next year. Also, I'm wondering when the restaurant for this project will be announced. I know that someone famous is suppose to be affiliated with it. There's also the unclaimed retail space. Masons Botique is the only store that I know has been announced for this project.

Great shots!! I'm sure they'll still have to furbish the condos, so it probably won't be open until the beginning or middle of next year. Also, I'm wondering when the restaurant for this project will be announced. I know that someone famous is suppose to be affiliated with it. There's also the unclaimed retail space. Masons Botique is the only store that I know has been announced for this project.

True, they haven't made all the announcements for here either. I thought I had heard someone on here mention the restaurant, maybe that was just a rumor.

The restauranter is the same guy/group that owns Theo's down the street. Mason's is rumored to be the retail shop.

Ah here we go, I knew someone had mentioned something about it.

What a shame that Johnson PD actually wasted their resources and took him to jail. They could have issued him a citation and had someone pick him up. He was released as quick as he got there.

Its not as if they have 15 officers on the street. If I was a Johnson resident I would complain. Terrible use of discretion and I wonder if it would have been someone else if they would have physically arrested him, I very much doubt it.

Another example of Johnson PD being responsible.

Here is the link to the washington county jail. Click on information, then detention intake report, and sort by alphabetical.

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Index.html

What a shame that Johnson PD actually wasted their resources and took him to jail. They could have issued him a citation and had someone pick him up. He was released as quick as he got there.

Another example of Johnson PD being responsible.

They can't issue him a citation for driving on a suspended liscence, that's an automatic arrest.

Here is the link to the washington county jail. Click on information, then detention intake report, and sort by alphabetical.

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Index.html

Actually that is incorrect. It is very common in NW AR to issue citations for driving on a suspended drivers license, it is not a mandatory arrest.

They can't issue him a citation for driving on a suspended liscence, that's an automatic arrest.

Actually that is incorrect. It is very common in NW AR to issue citations for driving on a suspended drivers license, it is not a mandatory arrest.

I ment to say that it depends on the conditions. The reason he was arrested was because his Suspended Licensce resulted from a DWI.

I wonder if all of this could end up hurting his chances in any new developments, especially here in Fayetteville. As if they didn't have a hard enough time getting the Divinity through the City Council. I just wonder if this had happened before that if the city might have been even more reluctant to pass it. Of course technically it shouldn't affect anything. But I still think all of this isn't going to help his image. If the Barber Group ends up with another project that ends up like the Divinity, this image could stick just enough to prevent it passing. Just a thought.

I wonder if all of this could end up hurting his chances in any new developments, especially here in Fayetteville. As if they didn't have a hard enough time getting the Divinity through the City Council. I just wonder if this had happened before that if the city might have been even more reluctant to pass it. Of course technically it shouldn't affect anything. But I still think all of this isn't going to help his image. If the Barber Group ends up with another project that ends up like the Divinity, this image could stick just enough to prevent it passing. Just a thought.

Well his image will be hurt, but the Planning Commission and the City Council can't discriminate a developer based on his personal image. All they can do is look at the facts of a development. If anything, it will make him want to build these condos fast and use a selling point of "Hey, if you don't want a DWI or a suspended Driver's License, then buy a Barber Condo." :D May'be this was all part of his plan.

Well his image will be hurt, but the Planning Commission and the City Council can't discriminate a developer based on his personal image. All they can do is look at the facts of a development.

True, but then again you never know when that could have an influence. Just like a lot of people say the commission did take the economic impact in effect even though they aren't supposed to.

If anything, it will make him want to build these condos fast and use a selling point of "Hey, if you don't want a DWI or a suspended Driver's License, then buy a Barber Condo." :D May'be this was all part of his plan.

I'm telling you I need to be a part of his PR team. :lol:

Archived