Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a few more shots of the Legacy Building. Can't really tell much is going on from the outside. They must be mainly working on the inside for now. Can't wait till this building is open and I can get some night shots of it with some lights on. Hey in that last shot you can see Old Main to the left.

legacydicksonstqn6.jpg

legacybuilding01rd5.jpg

legacybuilding02us3.jpg

I really liked the renders and the idea of it, but the exterior looks a lot more bland than I'd hoped for. I don't think brick would have looked all that great (I'm not wild about large brick buildings) but putting some stone in there and then leaving the rest concrete/stucco would have at least made it look classier. Oh well.

Red brick? That's all they need is to fill up Dickson Street with clones of the WAC. The Legacy is a great looking building, but they just chose the wrong color for it... the color makes it look like it's made of cardboard. They can easily remedy that by repainting it with a more majestic color like burgundy or tawny.

I think the scale of the project, combined with the look are what make me hate it.

I'm confident I will love the Lofts at Underwood Plaza.

The design is much better aesthetically, in my opinion, and despite its height, it will fit in better with the surrounding environment.

I agree with whoever said above that the Legacy looks like its made of cardboard, and the color has a lot to do with it.

It may not be perfect but it is better than what was there before a one story, vacant, graffiti covered building. I do think that it will begin to fit in better with the area over the next few years as these other larger buildings start rising in the area.

• 1 month later...

Guess I'll just stick this here since it's basically right next door to the Legacy. I believe someone said this was going to be a future bar. At first I thought the building might be a bit small, but it looks like they're also working on the building that was just behind it and it will also be a part of this development.

westavedevelopment01nq6.jpg

westavedevelopment02rl5.jpg

westavedevelopment03ao2.jpg

Thanks, here's a couple of shots of the Legacy. Not big changes since my last pics. They've touched up some of the windows on the west end. Still doing a lot of work on the east end. I tried getting inside again but it was locked. Looked inside and was surprised to see it look less finished than it did before. Looks like they removed a lot of stuff I saw inside on the west end.

legacy01rr4.jpg

legacy02jn9.jpg

Thanks, here's a couple of shots of the Legacy. Not big changes since my last pics. They've touched up some of the windows on the west end. Still doing a lot of work on the east end. I tried getting inside again but it was locked. Looked inside and was surprised to see it look less finished than it did before. Looks like they removed a lot of stuff I saw inside on the west end.

Thats odd.

An old architect buddy of mine from out of state was visiting a few weeks back. First trip to Fayetteville...

I was walking them down Dickson from the U of A and he and his son both go (with no prompting from me) "What the hell is THAT??"

They were referring to The Legacy Building. Neither of them had much good to say.

Kind of neat to hear an out of towner perspective on the building and its impact on the Dickson St. context....

They both cringed when I mentioned a 10 story hotel (Divinity) because from that perspective one can really appreciate how it will block the view of Mt. Sequoyah.

Both loved the Three Sisters Bldg, and we had to walk all the way around it. a couple of times.

My friend also had read in an architecture magazine about Marlon Blackwell's tower house over off of Old Mo Rd, so we had to go see that as well.

Archived