Legacy Building in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No biggie. I think "tallest" is on everyone's mind these days, but I'd prefer a really nice looking short building over a plain looking tall building any day. Now a really nice looking tall building would be great too.

I totally agree about nicer buildings over taller buildings. Take the dorms on UofA campus for example. Those are some of the uglyiest buildings I have ever seen. I hope they tear them down one day and build some nicer ones, like the Quads, or Maple Hill dorms.

Any idea where the craine is going?

No I still haven't heard any mention of that. I suppose back to the company that owns it. They probably already had arrangements with someone else. I think I read a while back ago in the paper that they are in demand and there's not a huge amount of options around this area.

They must be having some problems with the crane. I drove by the site a little bit ago and the crane is still up. I couldn't even tell that any bit of it had been taken down. Last week they stated today was supposed to be the last day. Looks like as usualy things are running behind in the development world. :lol:

I try not to take pics so frequently but I was out in this area and had to take a few pics without the crane. I didn't bother taking any close up pics since it hasn't been that long since I took some. But I took these while I was out walking around taking pics of developments. In the third pic you get a good view of the old railroad station.

img3870sssj3.jpg

img3871sskm7.jpg

img3872ssns7.jpg

img3877sslk0.jpg

I wonder where the crane went.

It's good to see how well it's progressed. It should be completed by the beginning of next year.

It's supposed to be finished this fall. But I don't know if they'll be able to pull that off. I believe they gave the people who bought condos assurances that they'd find some way to finish it on time this fall. But it looks like things are going to have to really move to get it finished by then. Not sure where the crane went. It mentioned it was moving to another project, but not what the project is or is it's even another Barber group development.

I would have to guess it will be making an appearance at Bellafont pretty soon. They have nearly cleared the entire area off now.

I'm not sure how all of this works out. I don't know if maybe another developer already had it rented out as soon as they finished using it at the Legacy or what.

• 2 weeks later...

^

That building is really coming along. Is it suppose to be completed by the end of this year, or beginning of next?

I don't know anymore. All I know is early on the Barber group kept insisting it would be ready this fall. But I know they had to switch contractors and never heard anymore on when it's supposed to be ready.

• 2 weeks later...

The building is finally getting built, but I don't think financially this project is going so great. Check out their website....www.thelegacybuilding.com They show you which condos have "sold" and which haven't. I counted 16 "sold" and 21 still available. I say "sold" because I wonder how many of them they are calling "sold" but have only collected the deposit money and not the full amount. I know the building ain't finished but still, only 40% is "sold". That doesn't strike me as much. Given some of their ads and hype you'd a thought there was just a handful left. Ha! The developers Brandon Barber and John Nock both strike me as a couple of young arrogant thirty-something punks that blow a whole lot of hot air about their projects. Us locals best be careful about buying into or believing their hype. Fortunately for me I'm not partnerning with them on any deals or lending them any money. LOL

I see the "available" units, but I wonder on the front page the "11 more" available.

Speaking of their website, does any know who the supposedly "well-known" restauranter and retailer the front page refers to? Of course, it would be unsurprising if a developer were to embellish the truth, to put it lightly.

Still, if I was stinking rich, I would definitely look at Legacy for a second home in Fayetteville.

It makes sense that they would have trouble selling these condos. I mean you can get as nice or even nicer condos in major metros for about the same or even less in some cases. I think developers should build lower end condos then go bigger and better. These may just end up as rentals if they can't get them sold.

The building is finally getting built, but I don't think financially this project is going so great. Check out their website....www.thelegacybuilding.com They show you which condos have "sold" and which haven't. I counted 16 "sold" and 21 still available. I say "sold" because I wonder how many of them they are calling "sold" but have only collected the deposit money and not the full amount. I know the building ain't finished but still, only 40% is "sold". That doesn't strike me as much. Given some of their ads and hype you'd a thought there was just a handful left. Ha! The developers Brandon Barber and John Nock both strike me as a couple of young arrogant thirty-something punks that blow a whole lot of hot air about their projects. Us locals best be careful about buying into or believing their hype. Fortunately for me I'm not partnerning with them on any deals or lending them any money. LOL

The website has not changed in months. I believe they have more of them sold or under contract, but someone is just too lazy to update the website. At least that is my guess.

That's a possibility I didn't consider (the website not being up to date). If that's the case, my apologies. Also if that's the case, that's a sloppy way to run things cause someone could see an available unit on the website, call in wanting to buy it, and then be told sorry it's not available.

That's a possibility I didn't consider (the website not being up to date). If that's the case, my apologies. Also if that's the case, that's a sloppy way to run things cause someone could see an available unit on the website, call in wanting to buy it, and then be told sorry it's not available.

Forgot to add that building sure looks nice/

Forgot to add that building sure looks nice/

It's no problem. :)

Barber does have a lot of condo projects going: Bellafont, Legacy, Divinity, Westin Hotel, etc. They should be advertising more and keeping up to date, so the condos can get sold.

Archived