Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see you again SJ. I believe the origins of this situation occurred in the last two pages of the Tallysheet thread. If you've not read them, those post may clue you in more. That said, I believe the dust is settling on this situation and things are slowly getting back to normal, thankfully.

HH Gregg is open for business. I have to say, I was not overly impressed. The store looks great... but it's sparse. They're not fully stocked yet, but I was still hoping for more. They have TVs, appliances, mattresses, and a few accessories, like cables and headphones. Not much else. I guess I expected more of a CompUSA/Best Buy type store.

HH Gregg is open for business. I have to say, I was not overly impressed. The store looks great... but it's sparse. They're not fully stocked yet, but I was still hoping for more. They have TVs, appliances, mattresses, and a few accessories, like cables and headphones. Not much else. I guess I expected more of a CompUSA/Best Buy type store.

Today I visited HHGregg! It is a very nice store! I encourage everyone to go.

The layout is spacious and clean, and like i thought great people to help you out, customer service was excellent!

Im going to probably pick up a digital camera from them soon!

Also, HHGregg has a price matching policy! you buy it, and if you find a lower price within 30 days you get refunded the difference + 10%!!!!!!!

I love this place!

On a side note, When i was poking around in bradfordville the other day, I snapped a few pics of the nearly complete strip shopping complex!

2000702668293110835_rs.jpg

2000797752578982710_rs.jpg

2000752597601230847_rs.jpg

TD I'm in the market for a new TV. Did they have a good selection of them? Are they having any grand opening specials?

Also nice pics of the new shopping center, thanks for taking them. I'm curious do you know what will occupy the space w/the double doors at the far right side of the center which can be seen best in your second picture? This is the center w/Wendy's and Walgreen's right?

TD I'm in the market for a new TV. Did they have a good selection of them? Are they having any grand opening specials?

Also nice pics of the new shopping center, thanks for taking them. I'm curious do you know what will occupy the space w/the double doors at the far right side of the center which can be seen best in your second picture? This is the center w/Wendy's and Walgreen's right?

I'm gonna miss the grand opening too. :( We'll be in Richmond for most of the week.

We stopped by today, it's definitely an interesting concept. They have a little of everything, but there isn't necessarily a lot of selection between items. Case in point, I went there looking for a wireless router and they only have 3, all NetGear, just different speeds. Certainly doesn't provide much in the way of comparison shopping within the store, but I was prepared to pay $130 for the router and it rang up $99, so they've got me hooked already! :lol: They have a huge selection of TVs and what looked like some very good deals on appliances.

Thanks for the heads up on the price matching TD, I was going to go to BB to make sure I got the best deal, comforting to know that is likely the case.

I was also very impressed with how bright and clean the store is, they did an amazing job transforming the nasty Publix building. I almost thought the employees were a little TOO helpful. I guess maybe it's just me, I don't mind being asked once or twice how I'm doing or if I need anything, but we were approached by at least 5 different people. I'm anticipating that's due partly to the newness of employees and store and partly because of overstaffing. When we got there the customers were outnumbered about 2:1 by staff.

According to UrbanTallahassee.com:

"HHgregg Tallahassee is located in the K-Mart Shopping Plaza at the corner of Blairstone and Apalachee Parkway. This location is complete, items are in place and the store is set to have its GRAND OPENING April 10th at 3 o'clock PM. "

So be sure to be there at 3:00 pm on April 10th for all the great deals. I know that my mom is going to be ther to pick up a portable Toshiba DVD player! Maybe I can find something too.

According to UrbanTallahassee.com:

"HHgregg Tallahassee is located in the K-Mart Shopping Plaza at the corner of Blairstone and Apalachee Parkway. This location is complete, items are in place and the store is set to have its GRAND OPENING April 10th at 3 o'clock PM. "

So be sure to be there at 3:00 pm on April 10th for all the great deals. I know that my mom is going to be ther to pick up a portable Toshiba DVD player! Maybe I can find something too.

I have been in the mood lately to submit small messages to hopefully woo companies to the Tallahassee Area.

So What restaurants or stores would you like to see that we dont currently have here?

I will email them in hopes they will consider us for a new store... Also, you guys can email as well, maybe with a flood of emails they will say, "hey why did we neglect this market for so long!?"

I have been in the mood lately to submit small messages to hopefully woo companies to the Tallahassee Area.

So What restaurants or stores would you like to see that we dont currently have here?

I will email them in hopes they will consider us for a new store... Also, you guys can email as well, maybe with a flood of emails they will say, "hey why did we neglect this market for so long!?"

Ah man I hate to be the Nazi that says this, so please forgive me, but can we slide this discussion over to the restaurant or What's Tally Missing threads? Both are in the coffeehouse. Again please forgive me, just tryin' to keep things in order here........ugh :shades:

I must revise my original review, as my dryer kicked the bucket on Sunday, and I was suddenly in need of an HHGregg item. :lol: Not only did they have the best price on a major name brand appliance, their extended warranty was very reasonable as well. Something I found very interesting - if they do not have your item in stock, it will be in the store by 5am the next morning.

Oh, and while I was waiting to check out, they kept bringing out 32 inch Olevia LCD TVs... Literally about 200 of them stacked in the middle of the store. It is obviously one of their grand opening specials.

Archived