Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised to learn that when I researched this location for the proposed Super Suds, it's the Sonny's location on the Parkway.

Super Suds Express #2 (TSP080022) (31-04-20-220-0000) located on 0.89-acre at 2527 Apalachee Parkway. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing restaurant and the construction of a 2,700 square foot car wash. The property is zoned CP (Commercial Parkway).

I've also wondered in the past how long this house would last at the NW corner of Magnolia and Park. Looks like it could be demolished soon. I wonder what type of retail wants to go there?

1220 Park Avenue (TPA080029) (11-31-84- D-0130 & 11-31-84- D-0160) located on 0.63-acre at 1220 Park Avenue East. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing structures and the construction of a 4,080 square foot retail store. The property is zoned OR-3 (Office Residential).

I was surprised to learn that when I researched this location for the proposed Super Suds, it's the Sonny's location on the Parkway.

Super Suds Express #2 (TSP080022) (31-04-20-220-0000) located on 0.89-acre at 2527 Apalachee Parkway. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing restaurant and the construction of a 2,700 square foot car wash. The property is zoned CP (Commercial Parkway).

I've also wondered in the past how long this house would last at the NW corner of Magnolia and Park. Looks like it could be demolished soon. I wonder what type of retail wants to go there?

1220 Park Avenue (TPA080029) (11-31-84- D-0130 & 11-31-84- D-0160) located on 0.63-acre at 1220 Park Avenue East. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing structures and the construction of a 4,080 square foot retail store. The property is zoned OR-3 (Office Residential).

I think that will be a good location for a car wash since the closest one right now, is the Super Suds on Cap. Circle near Park. Shame that we lose yet another restaurant space though. I wonder if the Super Suds is planning on using the lot Sonny's is on and the adjacent lot where several offices used to be. I noticed that the building appears completely empty at this point.

I hadn't noticed the house on this corner, I may have to swing by and take a look. Most of the businesses in that area are law offices and such, but that corner would be a pretty prime location. Probably another gas station. :rolleyes:

I think that will be a good location for a car wash since the closest one right now, is the Super Suds on Cap. Circle near Park. Shame that we lose yet another restaurant space though. I wonder if the Super Suds is planning on using the lot Sonny's is on and the adjacent lot where several offices used to be. I noticed that the building appears completely empty at this point.

I hadn't noticed the house on this corner, I may have to swing by and take a look. Most of the businesses in that area are law offices and such, but that corner would be a pretty prime location. Probably another gas station. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure this goes here, as it pertains to Wakulla, but here goes..

In browsing careerbuilder, I noticed a posting for a store manager of Maurice's in Crawfordville. According to their website, a store is going up in Crawfordville. Anyone know where? Or why Tallahassee isn't getting one? (That I could see anyway) I was a huge fan of Maurice's up north, years ago... they sold major name brand clothing, geared towards 20somethings. Bought my first pair of CK jeans there :) Can Crawfordville support this kind of niche store?

missnic this post and reply should really go in the Regional thread that talks about the surrounding counties, BUT I can't seem to find that thread anywhere. Am I over-looking it folks or has it disappeared?

I've also noticed that our total Tally thread count use to be over 30K when FL pointed it out a week or two ago and now it is around 29K. Not sure that happened either, but strange things have been afoot since the sad and unjustly (IMHO) defection of one of our beloved posters.

Anyway missnic, If this is the Maurices you are talking about then I'd say yes Crawfordville can support one since they seem to locate in smaller places like Dublin and Tifton,Ga and Guntersville and Cullman, AL. They are also proposing a store for Yulee, FL so I'd think towns the size of Crawfordville are just their type of market. Are you sure this was the same chain that you bought your Calvin's from?

missnic this post and reply should really go in the Regional thread that talks about the surrounding counties, BUT I can't seem to find that thread anywhere. Am I over-looking it folks or has it disappeared?

I've also noticed that our total Tally thread count use to be over 30K when FL pointed it out a week or two ago and now it is around 29K. Not sure that happened either, but strange things have been afoot since the sad and unjustly (IMHO) defection of one of our beloved posters.

Anyway missnic, If this is the Maurices you are talking about then I'd say yes Crawfordville can support one since they seem to locate in smaller places like Dublin and Tifton,Ga and Guntersville and Cullman, AL. They are also proposing a store for Yulee, FL so I'd think towns the size of Crawfordville are just their type of market. Are you sure this was the same chain that you bought your Calvin's from?

I thought there was a regional thread at one time, glad I wasn't imagining things!

Yep, same chain - my old stores are still in existence. I think its gone through some changes over the years as it expanded. Ten years ago it was a small higher end boutique store. From their (badly designed, uninformational) website, it seems more of a low end Old Navy or something. I hope it does well in Crawfordville - will sure beat WalMart and Bealls Outlet for clothing. ;)

^Ah TD say it ain't so! We were doing great here until someone's ego got in the way and now we all seem to be suffering and being moderated...ugh.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't really have interest in a site/board that ONLY deals w/Tally no matter how nice it is looking. You don't get others from different areas dropping by to give you new/different insight, you can't look at other city's threads (something that interest me as an ex-city planner) and new folks will have a hard time finding something like that.......just Google something Tally and UP-Tally immediately shows up almost at the top of Google. Tally is already insulated and isolated enough and I just don't want that in a chat board and if I did, I'd just go to a City Commission meeting. :P

This is bad news all around. I border on being mad about it and then sad about it!

How do you guys feel about it? I'd rather hear feedback...good and bad rather just pretend it isn't happening.

^Ah TD say it ain't so! We were doing great here until someone's ego got in the way and now we all seem to be suffering and being moderated...ugh.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't really have interest in a site/board that ONLY deals w/Tally no matter how nice it is looking. You don't get others from different areas dropping by to give you new/different insight, you can't look at other city's threads (something that interest me as an ex-city planner) and new folks will have a hard time finding something like that.......just Google something Tally and UP-Tally immediately shows up almost at the top of Google. Tally is already insulated and isolated enough and I just don't want that in a chat board and if I did, I'd just go to a City Commission meeting. :P

This is bad news all around. I border on being mad about it and then sad about it!

How do you guys feel about it? I'd rather hear feedback...good and bad rather just pretend it isn't happening.

Poonther you dont understand! I dont have a big ego. My intention was not to be powerful and be a moderater.. It was to simply fix the things that have been messed up in the past few days ( posts and threads deleted Where did the regional thread go,)

I only wanted to put the threads back, or move them back. sort of housekeeping, so that our forum is the way it has been in the past.

No problem in opening up here. I had no idea TJ had requested to become a moderator either. Was it really that important to him to have the label "Moderator" under his name? I mean, wasnt it kind of understood amongst us all that he was even though the label wasnt there? That is very childish if that is the case. "I didnt get what I wanted so Im going to go play by myself." It is sad.

No problem in opening up here. I had no idea TJ had requested to become a moderator either. Was it really that important to him to have the label "Moderator" under his name? I mean, wasnt it kind of understood amongst us all that he was even though the label wasnt there? That is very childish if that is the case. "I didnt get what I wanted so Im going to go play by myself." It is sad.

TD, no that was not about you in any way, shape or form. :) I think you'd be a great person to be our editor/housekeeper of the site. We are definitely gonna need one down the road.

Thanks for opening up GG. I appreciate the feedback. My position is that I'm not mad at anyone, just the situation. I feel like we all missed an opportunity, because we had no idea it was even going on, to work out a compromise and defuse the situation before it came to be what it is............. :(

As far as hhGregg goes, I too was under the impression that ours was to be the first in Florida, maybe it was stated to be just "one" of the first?

TJ didn't just want a title under his name, the problem was that without being a moderator, he couldn't manage the forum in the best possible way. In not giving TJ tools he needed the moderators were sabotaging our forum long before he "defected". I don't like the fact that he left this forum, but Jacksonville's head honcho did the same thing by going and starting a new site. In the end it is his choice where he makes his knowledge public, and if he wants to do it on another website, then I personally don't mind checking it. If we want UP Tallahassee to still be the quality site the city deserves, then we're going to have to start working harder ourselves.

Archived