Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know Glenn, but if they are putting just one or both, either way it is going to mean MORE traffic in an area of town that is already getting pretty bad. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but traffic at the Mahan/Cap Circle intersection is terrible already (the other day at 6pm it took 4 lights cycles before I got through), so I can't imagine what it will be like once Evening Rose and Fallschase are done, and then you add HD and possibly Target to the mix.... :o

Yes. It is exclusive to the two competing Tallahassee website's. The context of the post imply's that. Most people understand. It basically means you wont find it at our competitors website, unless he copied it.

Did he ask you to post that?

I have stayed out of the 2 websites deal, but I miss going to one site where we had the info that usally came from FLORIDA and the follow up info from here. Instead we have two dead sites compared to what we used to have. It sucks.

^Ah man, the Wakulla Mall is closing...say it ain't so! Although I think over the last few years the place has declined, if a flea market can do that?? Do they still have the one booth in the back where the people sell animals like chickens and such? I always felt sad for those animals and wondered if animal regulation or whoever is over something like that knew about it.

So has anyone else heard about this place closing or do we just chalk this one up to the RRM?

^Ah man, the Wakulla Mall is closing...say it ain't so! Although I think over the last few years the place has declined, if a flea market can do that?? Do they still have the one booth in the back where the people sell animals like chickens and such? I always felt sad for those animals and wondered if animal regulation or whoever is over something like that knew about it.

So has anyone else heard about this place closing or do we just chalk this one up to the RRM?

This is more of an 'un-development'... but the Video Warehouse on N. Monroe (behind Chick fil a) is closing on Sunday. They're selling all DVDs for $8 or 3 for $20, and VHS for $1.50 each right now. Quite a good selection of new movies left, and a ton of old horror flicks. Plus some video games thrown in.

I always thought this was a horrible location - it took me 3 passes on Monroe to find it the first time I went looking for it, so its kind of surprising it lasted as long as it did. Especially with Blockbuster right down the street, and the new Hollywood VIdeo.

This proposal addresses the vacant parcel at Lonnbladh and Hermitage (the back way into Home Depot.) Remember this is the proposal that got the NIMBY's up in arms along T'ville road about a year ago, complete w/signs. Now they want to put a retail center and hotel on this parcel. I believe Hermitage is on the "short list" for becoming 4-lanes. They certainly have the ROW there.

The Hermitage Parcel 7 PUD (PRZ080009)

This proposal addresses the vacant parcel at Lonnbladh and Hermitage (the back way into Home Depot.) Remember this is the proposal that got the NIMBY's up in arms along T'ville road about a year ago, complete w/signs. Now they want to put a retail center and hotel on this parcel. I believe Hermitage is on the "short list" for becoming 4-lanes. They certainly have the ROW there.

The Hermitage Parcel 7 PUD (PRZ080009)

UP-Tallahassee Exclusive

Cypress Systems Says "NO" to Tallahassee

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

I'm torn on this story. Part of me is not surprised yet still upset that Tallahassee couldn't convince Cypress Systems to locate here. I'm not surprised because our city, as shown in other opportunities, doesnt have the drive to convince companies to locate here.

On the other hand, I'm semi-happy that in the short-term, tax money will not be wasted to cover incentives, etc, to Cypress Systems when the City has been making cuts in other areas. I would love to be able to say that it is responsible government, but I think the reality of this case is that we just couldnt entice them to locate here.

Here's a link to the company's website:

http://www.cypsystems.com/

* If this shows anywhere else after 9:25 am EST, it is copied and an unoriginal idea.

I'm always sorry for our area not to get jobs especially high paying ones, however this one was only for less than 20 jobs. Also this one was surrounded in controversy from what they were making to those involved in it.

I think building the structure is important and I hope they will do so. That to me is the most important part.

Archived