Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good memory TD!

Here's what Glenn posted for us about the project:

Brevard Street Student Housing located on 2.8 acres at 1308 Brevard Street.

The proposed project is the subdivision of the site into 2 lots. The site has been approved for 200 multi-family dwelling units, a 70-room hotel, and a 145,200 square foot parking structure. The site is zoned UPUD (Urban Planned Unit Development).

Rebar/pylons have started going into the ground on the southwest corner of Monroe and Tenn.... Is this the start of the Floridan, or whatever the name of the hotel is, going up there? If so, is there a thread for this?

QUOTE (TD @ May 21 2008, 12:59 PM)

somethin is movin into the small strip center on tharpe across from the lake ella publix shopping center! crews are prepping the site... YUM

LMAO!!..........."YUM". You gonna go suck on some wet sheets at the high tech laundary matt after eating you some Mexican burritos next door? :lol:

QUOTE (TD @ May 21 2008, 12:59 PM)

somethin is movin into the small strip center on tharpe across from the lake ella publix shopping center! crews are prepping the site... YUM

LMAO!!..........."YUM". You gonna go suck on some wet sheets at the high tech laundary matt after eating you some Mexican burritos next door? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

^Personally I think they should have been doing this years ago and while this proposal is good, it should go ever further. Diversifying our economy and bringing in higher paying jobs should be priority number one. I'm sure SJ would agree w/that :)

Of course these incentives should also be extended to local companies in helping them expand and grow.

• 1 month later...

Wow, no activity in a while. I'll start things up again. It looks like the development on Tennessee Street where that hotel was leveled is starting to move. Only about half of that huge lot has anything happening on it. This will be four stories correct?

Also, its good to see the Superior Bank in Metropolitan Plaza or whatever going up. It looks to be a reasonably large building, and it will be all the more impressive when there are five more of them rising.

Wow, no activity in a while. I'll start things up again. It looks like the development on Tennessee Street where that hotel was leveled is starting to move. Only about half of that huge lot has anything happening on it. This will be four stories correct?

Also, its good to see the Superior Bank in Metropolitan Plaza or whatever going up. It looks to be a reasonably large building, and it will be all the more impressive when there are five more of them rising.

I wholeheartedly agree about the PUDs and towers as opposed to restaurants Seminole. I find it strange that during this most prosperous of times for Tallahassee, this forum has slowed down to record lows. Has everyone completely gone over to UT? I'll be the first to admit that I check both and UT is nice, but I still enjoy discussing things here. I mean how long has it been since a picture was posted?

I wholeheartedly agree about the PUDs and towers as opposed to restaurants Seminole. I find it strange that during this most prosperous of times for Tallahassee, this forum has slowed down to record lows. Has everyone completely gone over to UT? I'll be the first to admit that I check both and UT is nice, but I still enjoy discussing things here. I mean how long has it been since a picture was posted?

Archived