Major Developments

Florida

This proposal addresses the vacant parcel at Lonnbladh and Hermitage (the back way into Home Depot.) Remember this is the proposal that got the NIMBY's up in arms along T'ville road about a year ago, complete w/signs. Now they want to put a retail center and hotel on this parcel. I believe Hermitage is on the "short list" for becoming 4-lanes. They certainly have the ROW there.

The Hermitage Parcel 7 PUD (PRZ080009)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree missnic economy hotels aren't much for locals to get excited over. Now a convention hotel, that's a whole different animal.

I do believe Hermitage is up for improvements including widening. They definitely planned for it w/the right-of-way as you can tell. TD is usually the whiz-kid w/all the info. on when road improvements will happen around these parts. I'm sure he can pull something out of his bag-o-tricks about Hermitage and tell us more.

does anyone happen to know what is going at tennessee and duval where the shady (now pile of rubble) hotel used to be? They tore down the building about a week ago but I havent heard what they are clearing the way for... maybe another hotel?

does anyone happen to know what is going at tennessee and duval where the shady (now pile of rubble) hotel used to be? They tore down the building about a week ago but I havent heard what they are clearing the way for... maybe another hotel?

^^^ Brevard Street Student Housing

The proposed project is for the subdivision of the site into 2 lots. The site has been approved for 200 multi-family dwelling units, a 70-room hotel, and a 145,200 square foot parking structure. The subject project is located on 2.8 acres at 1308 West Brevard Street. The zoning is UPUD (Urban Planned Unit Development).

I hate to mention this or be any way connected or affiliated with this company, however, the New Verizon Store on the parkway where the old Backyard Burgers was is extremely nice inside.

*Do not sign up with Verizon Wireless

This is exactly the BS im talking about, why we can't get anyone here.

Our lovely powers that be denied rezoning requests for developments at thomasville and on mahan... read the article in todays local section.

Garbage... We need complete consolidation now with pro growth people in there.

^Yep you are correct GG. The City/County Commission more times than not follows the recommendation of the Planning Agency, but not always.

I understand your point TD, but in the case of the Mahan proposal they were asking for the maximum density. I'm sure someone can come up w/a decent compromise between 50 and 509 units for the development of that parcel.

As for the Bradfordville proposal, the NIMBY's in that area are a strong coalition. When I went to a Board of Adjustment's meeting last year, Kohl's wanted the tiniest change to their sign and about 20 folks from there showed up against it even though IMHO the sign change request was more aesthetically pleasing than what the code called for.

I'm not up that way much so I'd seriously like to ask "Is office development on Bradforville Rd. at Velda Dairy a smart move economically?" Just how far is that intersection from where B'ville meets T'ville?

^Yep you are correct GG. The City/County Commission more times than not follows the recommendation of the Planning Agency, but not always.

I understand your point TD, but in the case of the Mahan proposal they were asking for the maximum density. I'm sure someone can come up w/a decent compromise between 50 and 509 units for the development of that parcel.

As for the Bradfordville proposal, the NIMBY's in that area are a strong coalition. When I went to a Board of Adjustment's meeting last year, Kohl's wanted the tiniest change to their sign and about 20 folks from there showed up against it even though IMHO the sign change request was more aesthetically pleasing than what the code called for.

I'm not up that way much so I'd seriously like to ask "Is office development on Bradforville Rd. at Velda Dairy a smart move economically?" Just how far is that intersection from where B'ville meets T'ville?

• 2 weeks later...
It looks as though construction has begun on the BB&T bank at the northwest intersection of Park Ave and Blair Stone Rd.

***How can we loose to Virginia but beat North Carolina*** :dunno:

Gadsden Community Hospital set to open in 9 to 11 months

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...NGNEWS/80605014

"Gadsden County Hospital, which has been closed for nearly three years, may reopen by Memorial Day 2009. This was announced earlier Thursday at a media event outside the entrance for the Quincy hospital."

This is great news for our neighbors to the west. Question. Does anyone know if Gadsden will be receiving any grants/funding for this and/or do they have any cash at all appropriated for it? (Yes, I know I could go look up their FY Budget, but thought I'd ask first :))

Gadsden Community Hospital set to open in 9 to 11 months

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...NGNEWS/80605014

"Gadsden County Hospital, which has been closed for nearly three years, may reopen by Memorial Day 2009. This was announced earlier Thursday at a media event outside the entrance for the Quincy hospital."

This is great news for our neighbors to the west. Question. Does anyone know if Gadsden will be receiving any grants/funding for this and/or do they have any cash at all appropriated for it? (Yes, I know I could go look up their FY Budget, but thought I'd ask first :) )

[Mod comment: thread merged]

Was hoping we could have one place to go to catch up on any updats for some of the new things coming to Tallahassee? Some of the other threads get quite long and hard to find, even with a search.

I know in the Food and resturant thread I read a while back about some of the new places coming to the Blair Stone Publix area such as the burger place and Uno's pizza?

What about the new Sonny's, is there a projected open date?

^Hey Belch, I like your enthusiasm! There's a major development thread already created in the main Tally board that you can post about new stuff coming to town from big to small. As far as restaurant go, it's probably best to keep that to the restaurant thread. Over time, many of the same questions are asked there and there's no harm in doing so. I think I'll ask the Mods to merge this thread into the already existing Major Development Thread in the main Tally room if that's cool. But don't let this stop you from asking questions. :)

Archived