Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Market Plaza

marketplazafr2.th.jpg

Market Plaza (TSP070032) (11-08-51-006-0600) located on 4.40 acres on the north side

of Timberlane Road, between Market Street and Martin Hurst Road. The proposed project

is the demolition of the existing shopping plaza and the construction of 54,000 square feet

of restaurant, retail and office space.

Word is going around that in addition to the Atlanta Bread Co. there will also be a Crate & Barrel at this location.

TD I cant find were you asked this question but I believe you were inquiring about what the Car Dealership was going to be across the street from Falls Chase. I spoke to a Friend of mine that has been working for Home Depot on Capitol Circle and he said that they we looking at re-locating there because they said that their store is getting old and Home Depot was wanting a newer store. Mostly because of the leaky roof.

Not sure how valid this was but he seemed to know allot about Home Depot, and I would say he knows what he is talking about being that he has been with the company for 15 years!

TD I cant find were you asked this question but I believe you were inquiring about what the Car Dealership was going to be across the street from Falls Chase. I spoke to a Friend of mine that has been working for Home Depot on Capitol Circle and he said that they we looking at re-locating there because they said that their store is getting old and Home Depot was wanting a newer store. Mostly because of the leaky roof.

Not sure how valid this was but he seemed to know allot about Home Depot, and I would say he knows what he is talking about being that he has been with the company for 15 years!

Nothing would make my local shopping better than a C&B coming here. However are you sure about this? I've never seen a C&B in a market as small as ours. Jax doesn't even have one yet nor does Tampa (but they are getting one soon.) Also C&B likes to be close to a major mall and prefers a stand alone location w/their new stores. Boca has the new type store, Orlando has the old type.

I think we might wanna chalk this one up to what I affectionately call "the redneck rumor mill?"

Ah man, but on this topic, the shopper in me really really really wants you to. Besides in this town we need some better furniture stores. For my taste, Haverty's, RoomStore and Ashley just don't cut it. I'm sure they are fine for many folks and don't get me wrong, I have bought a few pieces at those stores, but for the most part, I tend to get my furniture out of town.

BTW, I'm not calling you FL a "redneck" it's just my name for the gossip that spreads through this town faster than a bullet. You know the stuff you hear from your co-worker's sister's mother-in-law who's best friend works w/the brother of the person that goes to church with the person that found the info out.

^Ah FL, if I'm gonna call you a name it certainly wouldn't be redneck. I'd probably use Clinton-lover, but then you'd take that as a compliment. :)

Speaking of the RRM, sometimes they have the premise of stuff right, but the details a tad wrong. Do you think instead of Crate & Barrel, maybe a William-Sonoma is coming there? I say that b/c W/S does locate in smaller markets like ours, I know of one in Montgomery and Columbia, when not in malls, they tend to be in strip centers and not stand alone like C/B, they also don't have to be near a mall, like the one on Park Ave in Winter Park and I can see where folks not necessarily familiar w/the these two stores could confuse them b/c they both sell a lot of kitchen stuff and they have hyphenated names. IMHO a W/S would be a much more likely tenant at this location and in our market. Just a thought....

Archived