Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few questions...

Ok, so my friend drove by the GMC dealership on Mahan, and said that demolition has started on the lot. This is for sure going to be a Target Correct?

Also, Demolition is well underway on the site of the old Winn-Dixie on Timberlane road.. This is going to be an Atlanta Bread Company right??

Ok, so my friend drove by the GMC dealership on Mahan, and said that demolition has started on the lot. This is for sure going to be a Target Correct?

Also, Demolition is well underway on the site of the old Winn-Dixie on Timberlane road.. This is going to be an Atlanta Bread Company right??

Seems to me it is going to be a bit more than an Atlanta Bread Co. TD. According to the site plan, there are a few other parcels slated to be built on the site. They're calling it "Market Plaza".

Hey, Can anyone tell me what time it is?

Anyway- I saw an HHGregg billboard on Appalachee today. It said simply, "THings are going to change..." I think. Subtle.

The ACE Hardware near Wally World has had a ton of activity lately and is now hiring. I saw a meeting taking place inside the other night. it looks like shelves are starting to take up thier space on the floors too.

:D

Hey, Can anyone tell me what time it is?

Anyway- I saw an HHGregg billboard on Appalachee today. It said simply, "THings are going to change..." I think. Subtle.

The ACE Hardware near Wally World has had a ton of activity lately and is now hiring. I saw a meeting taking place inside the other night. it looks like shelves are starting to take up thier space on the floors too.

:D

Looks like this project is back in...again.

Lakeshore Drive Hotel and Office (TSP080013) located on 6.72 acres on east side of Lakeshore Drive West, approximately 500 feet north of North Monroe Street. The proposed project is for the construction of a 54,000 square foot office building and a 113-room, 68,000 square foot hotel. The site is zoned OR-3 (Office Residential District 3).

This is proposed for the east side of Lakeshore, behind the convenience store that is at that corner now. However the parcel does not go all the way to I-10, but I would think the hotel could be seen from Monroe and possibly I-10, especially the signage.

The above I would classify as a "bad" project for the times. I don't like the "product placement" nor do I like the fact that they are attempting Office-Hotel before we get our Floridan off the ground. The Floridan folks need to get a move on, perhaps we can stall this one a tad until they get their act together downtown.

The above I would classify as a "bad" project for the times. I don't like the "product placement" nor do I like the fact that they are attempting Office-Hotel before we get our Floridan off the ground. The Floridan folks need to get a move on, perhaps we can stall this one a tad until they get their act together downtown.

^ You should do a ride by and look inside. From what you can see from the outside, this hotel looks great. Four Points are usually very nice. Dont judge the book by its cover, because from the outside, the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead doesnt look that great either.

Archived