Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. In a way I'm waiting for Capital City Bank to do something big. I wish they would consolidate their offices into one big tower downtown. I know they have that big call center off of Capital Circle near University Chevorlet and some other offices around. It would be neat to see them make a bold impact on the skyline.

I'm eager to see what Booth is trying to do with the Grande. I sure hate looking at the vacant lot with the ugly political signs. If I owned it, it would be a beautiful flower garden, neatly landscaped until I decided what to do.

Are you talking about the bronze colored one that looks like a Duracell D battery? I never want to see that ugly thing downtown. Sorry. It is odd though that they would choose to build a significantly tall structure like that as a standing by itself, away from anything but the interstate. I believe it houses Florida DEP offices last I heard.

Are you talking about the bronze colored one that looks like a Duracell D battery? I never want to see that ugly thing downtown. Sorry. It is odd though that they would choose to build a significantly tall structure like that as a standing by itself, away from anything but the interstate. I believe it houses Florida DEP offices last I heard.

I don't really think we would have that here. But we do need growth in areas outside Tallahassee to encourage people to look outside of Leon county for liesure, housing, and schools as well as economic opportunities.

ALSO

In talking about traffic congestion, it would be better to have areas outside of Tallahassee that are more convienant for residents, allowing them to use their own neighborhoods for services and retail, rather than driving to Tallahassee and clogging our streets.

I don't really think we would have that here. But we do need growth in areas outside Tallahassee to encourage people to look outside of Leon county for liesure, housing, and schools as well as economic opportunities.

ALSO

In talking about traffic congestion, it would be better to have areas outside of Tallahassee that are more convienant for residents, allowing them to use their own neighborhoods for services and retail, rather than driving to Tallahassee and clogging our streets.

Today riding down T'ville road I started noticing several signs in folk's yards saying NO 3 STORY CONDO or SAVE OR NEIGHBORHOOD. The signs were in the area of Sandhurst/Hermitage and T'ville road. What exactly are they talking about? Anyone know anything? I sure don't. Is this the work of Tally's famous NIMBY's?

So I ask What's up at Sandhurst and is this a case of NIMBY's gone wild again?

Especially if it's the bank's HQ which I think it's supposed to be. Would be nice if it was at least 7 stories or so. That actually reminds me of the glass building that sticks up over the trees near the intersection of CCNW and I-10. Why couldn't that be downtown?

Archived