Major Developments

Florida

I've noticed that one too CB. The question I have is will the shopping center go all the way to the corner of Cap Cir and Mahan? I would immediately think that to be so, but when I look at how the land in that area is currently cleared, it makes it appear that there are two parcels, one w/this sign on it and one to the east at the corner. Anyone know for sure what the deal is? At one time I remember reading that Walgreens wanted to move here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing the signage for this project the other day driving down this road. There also appears to be yet another strip-like center planned for Apalachee Parkway between CC and Conner Blvd. I'm aware of fountain plaza, which appears to be nearing its final stages, and I'm aware of the "Pizza Hut Plaza" and the new WH, but there's a new sign, I just noticed this week. Not sure who the developer is, but it's almost immedately across from WM.

Yes this place did fill up quickly, but it has also quickly become an eyesoar. I think places like this should have uniform sign measures to ensure store fronts remain attractive.

[/q

I was wondering is it me or does places like Dollar General and other Dollar Stores bring down the value of a shopping center? Also how many of these things do we need? Seems like we have 4 of them in 1 mile radius and every one of them carry the exact same thing...crap, well except for the Junk food and Cady isle which I like to hit up before going to the movies. :whistling:

I don't shop at them often, but if I do, I prefer General Dollar or the Dollar Tree. I'm always a tad bit skeptical of their food items, candy included. I always picture these items in my head as being tainted or extremely old. I guess this isn't the case eh mracca or you would not still be w/us. Also w/all those chemicals in candy/junk food, they can't really go bad.

Hey even our illustrious "disco mall" has a dollar store which to answer your question, Yes I've always thought it brought down the value of Gov. Sq. I mean soon you'll be able to go from the Dollar Store to Coach under the same roof. What a stretch!

Plans Afoot for Harley Davidson Outparcel

Here's an opportunity for additional development near Old Exit 28, fronting on an expanding Capital Circle NW.

HarelyOutparcel.jpg

They are building to suit or doing a ground lease/sale for $85,000. This is one acre. Are there any cool fast food restaurants that would go well here. I personally wouldn't mind a Denny's, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, McDonald's here. I understand we want restaurants we don't have, but more importantly we want to use this location to pull traffic from the interstate.

What are you all's thoughts?

Plans Afoot for Harley Davidson Outparcel

Here's an opportunity for additional development near Old Exit 28, fronting on an expanding Capital Circle NW.

HarelyOutparcel.jpg

They are building to suit or doing a ground lease/sale for $85,000. This is one acre. Are there any cool fast food restaurants that would go well here. I personally wouldn't mind a Denny's, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, McDonald's here. I understand we want restaurants we don't have, but more importantly we want to use this location to pull traffic from the interstate.

What are you all's thoughts?

I've noticed that one too CB. The question I have is will the shopping center go all the way to the corner of Cap Cir and Mahan? I would immediately think that to be so, but when I look at how the land in that area is currently cleared, it makes it appear that there are two parcels, one w/this sign on it and one to the east at the corner. Anyone know for sure what the deal is? At one time I remember reading that Walgreens wanted to move here.

I haven't noted it on here, but I thought I'd mention a new project going up on the corner of Martin Hurst Rd. and Timberlane across the street from the demolished Winn-Dixie. The sign they have up states the project as "Palafox Preserve." I haven't been able to find too much info on it so far. It's a 28.05 acre lot. It's apparently listed as "Mixed Use" and also says there are gonna be 19 lots/units. So I assume it's gonna be a little community. The plans specifically mention an 80 room hotel, as well.

They've already cleared out the trees on the lot and moved the heavy machinery in to smooth things out. There's also several palettes of lumber already on site and they've been digging trenches for pipelines and water run-off and such. Seems like it's moving along quickly at this point. I'll try to get some pictures up soon and more info if I can find it.

Anyone else have more info on this project?

There also appears to be yet another strip-like center planned for Apalachee Parkway between CC and Conner Blvd. I'm aware of fountain plaza, which appears to be nearing its final stages, and I'm aware of the "Pizza Hut Plaza" and the new WH, but there's a new sign, I just noticed this week. Not sure who the developer is, but it's almost immedately across from WM.

Hmm... where can we start. At the entrance it's normally filthy and a stench normally hits when I walk through the atrium of the store. Inside the floor is usually dirty, products are normally scattered about, and it seems whatever product I'm looking for is always sold out. Then there's the whole quality thing. Many of the things I purchase from Wal-Mart are substandard in quality usually not lasting more than a year with normal use. I'm talking Irons, Blenders, watches, and various other electronic and mechanical devices.

I'd rather spend more if it means I can save some time in not having to go out and buy the same products everyyear. When I was growing up in my mom's house I can't remember her going out to buy new irons everyyear, new vaccumes, new blenders for her heavy baking habbits. That's because she got her stuff from Sears or some good store like that.

Wal-Mart is good for some things, but those things are hard to come by. And let's not get started on SOME OF THE people they hire.

My thing, not that I have a problem with the Chinese or anything, is why 99% of the items they sell were made in China. I don't know if much is still made in America anymore which I can almost gamble and say very little is, but is China the ONLY country producing goods? Just curious about that because I've always thought of products made in China as cheaper, than say something made in Germany, or Japan. Help me out with this one.

And, because of what you've noted about the first two Super Wal-Marts (Tennessee St. and Apalachee Pkwy) I think most people are now heading North to Thomasville Rd to use that Wal-Mart over crowding it. I remember before they built that thing, no one wanted it up there, I laugh when I think about that now. :lol:

I've been hearing that Pizza Hut in the Publix shopping center on Apalachee Pkwy. is closing up shop and moving to a new location. Is Fountain Plaza gonna be the new location for the soon-to-be defunct Pizza Hut in the former Publix plaza? I'm thinking it is, but I wanna make sure.

I've been hearing that Pizza Hut in the Publix shopping center on Apalachee Pkwy. is closing up shop and moving to a new location. Is Fountain Plaza gonna be the new location for the soon-to-be defunct Pizza Hut in the former Publix plaza? I'm thinking it is, but I wanna make sure.

Archived