Major Developments

Florida

Funny you bring up that Walgreens TJ. I'm in it all the time since it's in my neighborhood. I do like it and I am fine w/the brick and the lighting, I just don't think it's appropriate for that location. B/C of the hospital colors, Walgreen's white stucco and barrel tile roof motif would have worked better here. Now the this brick motif works great out at B'fordville.

That whole corner (Micc/Mag.) is a little hodge-podge to me. I've always thought that if they tore down all those tiny 1950's brick bldgs. on SW Corner where Midtown Deli is and built a mid-rise office bldg like the Professional Doctors Bldg. next to TMH /w retail (Midtown Deli etc) on the first floor that would really help that corner and I would think it would be very easy to lease out to Drs. since it's so close to TMH.

In your middle pic TJ, what's The Lighthouse? Some sort of "off-brand" church? Now the question is: Do we in Tally have more Mexican Restaurants? Or BBQ Places? Or Store-Front Churches?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish the city would have required them to tear down the old BP signs in their demolition. At that high volume corner, it looks pretty crappy w/the two big empty signs. I doubt whatever gets developed there will use those old signs, so I don't understand why they were allow to remain. Tacky.

Or add a SPUI. Cloverleafs aren't optimal for high capacity intersections (lots of traffic=lots of weaving=>congestion).

Tallahassee will never grow if people have to drive through the CBD on 4 lane roads to get from one side of town to another. We need a freeway or a semi-freeway on Monroe and part of Tennessee.

• 3 weeks later...

Good info there Glenn. I thought The Lighthouse was some type of "off-brand" church. What kind of dollar store is it? General Dollar?

I remember reading about The Price Furniture on Cap. Circle when it came through the city review boards. I have no idea who they are. I have heard that Ashley wants to move out of their current location in that area and build a new building, but I'm not sure if that is it. Ashley in our area is run by the Turner's I believe. If anyone knows who this Price Furniture is, please let us know.

Not a major development, but at the City's Type A Site Plan review meeting on 1.18, Springhill Suites (Marriott) is proposing to build 52,732 sq. ft. extended stay hotel. It will be located at 1300 Executive Center Dr.

Now what gets my attention about this proposal is that 1300 Executive Center Drive is exactly where the Kogerama bldg. is located. You know the one that looks like 3 round barrels on the Parkway just across Hendrix from the Village Inn. Is this bldg. vacant? Can they squeeze in a hotel at this site w/out tearing down that bldg? Curious minds want to know.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but they are getting ready to put up a little strip mall on Mahan Drive, I think it's going to be called Mahan Shops or something like that, it's going to sit on Mahan (tennessee) and Cap Cir NE. Sorry If you guys already mentioned this. :P

Archived