Major Developments

Florida

Today, In Frenchtown theirs a new sign up. looks like a new Condo/Office development is going up off of macomb, near the Frenchtown Renaissance center. the rendering is on the sign... I have no pix, but its gonna be their for sure.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! That's the one. I knew what TallahasseeDowntown was talking about ever he mentioned they put a rendering up. I was just saying to myself a couple of weeks ago that piece property could be developed into something nice. Next thing ya know they bouts to put a condo/office up. That's what I am talking about!!! :w00t:

Tallahassee Democrat Reports a Tampa Group has entered the local hotel market with the purchase of the Holiday Inn on Apalachee Parkway and the Ale House Restaurant and plans to build an additional Hotel near the intersection of Blairstone and Capital Circle Southeast for Southwood.

This news comes at a time when Tallahassee is seeing a tremendous amount of new investment from out-of-town investors. This group reports they think Tallahassee is a strong market with the presence of the Captiol, Universities, and so many Association HQs. They see our growth as a sign of Tallahassee's changed outlook on business and development and hope to open their new hotel within a year.

:yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any information about the very large lot of dense trees that was recently cleared on Miccosukee between Magnolia and Blair Stone. I had assumed that those woods were an extension of the Goodwood Plantation lands, but there is now a huge gap with bulldozers, etc. making way for some sort of construction. Any tips?

I heard that it was part of an expansion project of some type for TMH. The property in question is owned by Southeast Community Health Services, Inc. of which the CEO & CFO of TMH are listed among it's Officers & Directors. The site is listed at 84 acres & surrounds Goodwood Plantation connecting back up to TMH property to the North & West sides. Could this possibly be where they're building that new Health Sciences Education Building for the joint venture TMH has with TCC???? :huh:

Could this possibly be where they're building that new Health Sciences Education Building for the joint venture TMH has with TCC????

That's a good deduction. I would like to see an arial view of the property to understand how the TMH real estate envelopes Goodwood Plantation. Has anyone seen any design plans for the health care / education complex? Anyway, it will be an interesting project to keep our eyes on.

Follow this link to the property appraisers website for a layout of the properties in question:

http://dta.co.leon.fl.us/prop/GIS.ASP?ACCOUNT=1129202050000

You can also see a very good aerial photo on Google Earth by typing in the address:

1600 Miccosukee Road, Tallahassee, Florida

or the coordinates:

84 15 28 West

30 27 28 North

There is already a parking lot used by TMH employees at the North end of this property being cleared. In fact, if you exit Goodwood at the rear of their property, you're right at this TMH parking lot & you utilize Surgeons Drive to get back out to either Miccosukee or Centerville Roads.

TCC will not be ready to start construction on their facility for at least a year, they are still looking for funding of the planning during session this year.

My contact there suggested it may be a Moffitt cancer facility. There was a permit filed for a piece of property over there a few months ago labeled "TMH SW MANG. FAC."

I have not been by to see if this is what the clearing might be for.

anyone know what they are building/planning out on Mahan and I-10? Looks like they built a parking lot with some trees around it... i have no idea what it's going to be... office space? gas station? any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Just as CSMurphy previously stated, I believe that's the parcel where DeVoe Moore is relocating his Antique Car Museum to. I've seen him out there several times recently during different phases of construction. I can't find all my old info on it right now but I thought he was doing a full-blown commercial/retail type of development out there on that property.

• 2 weeks later...

First I've heard or seen anything about this proposed development. Maybe I just missed it earlier. On the agenda to be discussed at Growth Management meeting on March 23rd.

Pre-Submittal

St. Augustine Commons located at the intersection of St. Augustine Street and Gay Street. The proposed project is a

Saw this announcement & thought maybe it could help spur some redevelopment of the old shopping center at Tharpe & Old Bainbridge since it will be right behind it.

Park Terrace Townhomes TSP060026 (21-23-20-417-0000) The proposed project is the construction of an 82-unit multi-family residence at density of 7.3 units per acre. The subject project is located on 11.2 acres of a 13.9-acre parcel in the general area that is on the east side of Joyner Drive and lying north of and adjacent to the Old Bainbridge Square Shopping Center. The zoning is R-4 (Single-, Two-Family and Multi-Family Residential District).

That sounds like a solid Pre-App. I wouldn't be surprised to get a little NIMBY actiton out of this one. The neighborhood this project backs up to used to be my old neighborhood (BTW the best neighborhood we ever lived in for many reasons) and I know there was a big fuss when Melrose Place and Jefferson Commons were built. Expect tons of noise about this one.

Archived