John Marshall Hotel

tombarnes

I'm assuming Shak was referring to a new five or six story building that the original developer had announced, not the ugly tower that is already there. The latter will be part of the Residencies at John Marshall. But there has been no mention of Mr. Camp's squatty addition on the vacant space along 5th Street.

Sorry I did not clarify which added wing. I was referring to the 18-story add on (the super watered down version).

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Dominion Partners recently upgraded their website, which now includes The John Marshall project:

http://www.dominionrealtypartnersllc.com/urbanMixedUse.html#

The redevelopment and adaptive reuse of the historic and landmark Hotel John Marshall (1929) in Richmond Va. represents a $70 million impact to the community. The development consists of 232 Class A apartments with approximately 30,540 square feet of retail space and 22,384 square feet of meeting and banquet space. The hotel occupies

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I wonder if the city placed the same requirements on the Marriott when two of it panels fell twice. Of course, one may consider that any repairs could be stalled so they could be corre4cted when renovation begins. I wonder if the facade subs saw any problems during their bid process?

Yeah, I wonder if the city placed the same requirements on the Marriott when two of it panels fell twice. Of course, one may consider that any repairs could be stalled so they could be corre4cted when renovation begins. I wonder if the facade subs saw any problems during their bid process?

I remember one of the Marriott events took place during high winds.

According to the article, an inspection took place 45-days ago which revealed no issues.

This is not some good news. I hope this does not, once again, cause any delays with renovations. :shok:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-213111/165166/

I suppose we should be amazed that other older buildings in Downtown Richmond are not falling apart.

Imagine if the Mutual Building and old First & Merchants Bank on opposite corners of 9th and Main began losing panels!

The John Marshall has survived too many set backs to allow this to stall residential conversion. The immediate area is on a roll and the JM will be a centerpiece.

Centennial Tower is a ghost of the immediate past but with the JM, Miller & Rhoads, the old Presbyterian Book Store, Cokesbury and Grace Place, at least 400+ new residences are (or will be) on line in Center City.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That 18 million number seems low. I realize contractors are hungry now so a good price can be had, but I hope they do a dedcent job renovating the grand lady.

And she's only a sprite 80 years old -- not 90 as reported in the bizsense story. The JM opened in 1929. Ah! Memories. :)

Will Jones who writes a lot about development in Downtown Richmond has an encouraging story in today's RTD about plans for the John Marshall.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-222605/270781/

Some noted real estate people say demand is still high for downtown living, which ties in with a story I posted about new residential construction in and around Shockoe Bottom in the Richmond: Economy/Business/Real Estate thread a few days ago.

BTW, Commonwealth Commercial Partners is not one of the two firms developing the property. They are the leasing agent for the retail space and not a "developer". I think the "other" firm is the guy who purchased the property a few years ago and had a few false starts.

The RTD article was much better than the online crap that was posted yesterday.

Will Jones who writes a lot about development in Downtown Richmond has an encouraging story in today's RTD about plans for the John Marshall.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-222605/270781/

Some noted real estate people say demand is still high for downtown living, which ties in with a story I posted about new residential construction in and around Shockoe Bottom in the Richmond: Economy/Business/Real Estate thread a few days ago.

Note that the project cost in Will Jones's story is $80M -- considerably more than the $18M quoted in bizsense.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This project has been mired in tribulation for so long that I can only hope it will move forward soon. No news?

It's nice you're back on the boards, tombarnes. I haven't been able to find you -- even on the Mississippi pages.

Yes. It seem The John Marshall is once again on the back burner.

It's nice you're back on the boards, tombarnes. I haven't been able to find you -- even on the Mississippi pages.

Yes. It seem The John Marshall is once again on the back burner.

I am sure this crappy economy is not helping them to close on the financing. I can not even guess what it takes to get a loan for this project when considering how hard it is to get a loan for a house...lol

• 1 month later...

Archived