Centennial Tower

eandslee

If it means anything, No Parking signs from 9/10-9/12 have been put up on Main St right in front of where Centennial will be.

Could JSI's info above and Coupe's discovery that demo permits were issued on 7/24 have a tie-in?

There is a story in this month's Richmond Magazine claiming that the downtown condo market is still hot despite an over-all cool down. The story, by writer Jo Lord, begins on page 163.

Could JSI's info above and Coupe's discovery that demo permits were issued on 7/24 have a tie-in?

There is a story in this month's Richmond Magazine claiming that the downtown condo market is still hot despite an over-all cool down. The story, by writer Jo Lord, begins on page 163.

Ran by again this morning and the only thing that has changed is that the No Parking signs are no longer there. :(

Edited by JSI

Well, that's not good. What is the deal? What the heck is going on? :angry:

The days they had no parking signs up they were working on something related to either the water lines or the gas lines again. At the end of the block there are still 2 or 3 buildings that are not being torn down and still have tenants (my favorite dry cleaner among them), and I do believe there was an issue with the original disconnection that was being fixed.

The days they had no parking signs up they were working on something related to either the water lines or the gas lines again. At the end of the block there are still 2 or 3 buildings that are not being torn down and still have tenants (my favorite dry cleaner among them), and I do believe there was an issue with the original disconnection that was being fixed.

The three buildings closest to 5th Street apparantly held out for more money and consequently will remain. The renderings of the tower from the beginning did not include those properties.

The three buildings closest to 5th Street apparantly held out for more money and consequently will remain. The renderings of the tower from the beginning did not include those properties.

The rendering I saw looks like they were including the whole side of Main St. into the footprint. Maybe it was a bad version of the rendering.

Probably a bad version. Over a year ago I spoke to one of the Goodstein folks and they said then that those 3 buildings weren't part of their plans.

has anybody walked the "footprint" of the property they purchased. Since it does not include the 3 spots at the top of the street, they have 2/3 of the main st. facing and that goes back to the alley (which splits the block parallel to main) i do not think they have the property across the alley towards Cary. If that is correct, it is not a large footprint. Maybe just of 25% of a city block? I'll need to walk it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I thought I heard banging on top of the building as I walked to work from my deck late last week but thought it was just the echo of work being done on the building across the street. While promising, I reallllly hope that if these buildings go, Goodstein will pull through and build Centennial.

Really? I thought I heard banging on top of the building as I walked to work from my deck late last week but thought it was just the echo of work being done on the building across the street. While promising, I reallllly hope that if these buildings go, Goodstein will pull through and build Centennial.

I can see the roof of those buildings barely from Berry Burks roof, Ill try and get up there tonight before it gets dark and see what I see...

That would correspond with burt's middle of the summer groundbreaking.

Demolition has to be completed before groundbreaking, so next July sounds like a viable date.

With all of the rumors of some kind of activity occurring on site, I bet a quarter this project is finally on the move. Next thing you'll see is a crane being assembled at 6th and Main.

I suppose you can tell that I'm bully on Centennial Towers. :)

Edited by burt

UPDATE:

Remediation is almost complete. Expect a construction fence in the next few weeks. Demo will begin after the construction fence is erected. A sales office will open in February 08. Design completion and Groundbreaking will occur in 2008 with completion slated for 2010. The total project cost is $141 million.

Edited by wrldcoupe4