Centennial Tower

eandslee

According to the city, here are the properties owned by Goodstein under the name "Investors USA LLC" on the Centennial block:

6 S 6TH ST

507 E MAIN ST

509 E MAIN ST

511 E MAIN ST

513 E MAIN ST

515 E MAIN ST

517 E MAIN ST

519 E MAIN ST

521 E MAIN ST

523 E MAIN ST

525 E MAIN ST

527 E MAIN ST

This is a total of 12 building fronting on Main (including #6 South 6th). Judging from Ryan's recent pictures of the block, it would appear that the three structures at the 5th Street end of the block would be included. In other words, aren't Numbers 523, 525 and 527 the holdouts?

BUT, perhaps some of the buildings (such as 6 S. 6th) share more than one address number on Main, so that instad of 12 separate buildings there could be eight.

Edited by burt

The website goes on to say : spearheading Centennial towers... that was the cutoff spot from the goodstien website.

So, USA investor's own the building opposite of 5th and main. This must be the parking deck that is needed.

I think they could now have 3 corners. 6th and main. 6th and cary, 5th and cary.

Are you sure goodstein owns the 6th and cary or does Douglas Development own it?

I am 100% positive that Douglas owns the building at the northwest corner of 6th and Cary. The only corner that Goodstein possesses is the southwest corner of 6th and Main (which they own under the name Investors USA LLC).

Often two developers work on the same project....as VCU does. I still bet Centennial is going to be much bigger than anyone on the street suspects. Thats why the confusion.... no transparency. :scared:

Eyes, I'm glad to read your input, but you're doing a great job of confusing the heck out of at least me. :)

Other than reading Goodstein's website, what makes you think this will end up being larger than "anyone on the street" suspects?

I've said. But you are correct in being confused.... I'm just interjecting my thoughts and imagination.

I'm going to cool my jets and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said. But you are correct in being confused.... I'm just interjecting my thoughts and imagination.

I'm going to cool my jets and see what happens.

I see they have about 10 days to tear down the buildings.... this will give them another day to clear and debris and then just before New Year's Eve, dig a hole with a back hoe ...... And they will be "Right on Schedule" !

Love people who do what they say! ....

ama which is now Genspring has nothing to do with Centennial tower.....

Goodstein has form somthing that sounds like it.... (formed it in their back office)

Ama (asset managemet advisors) is for wealthy families. Asset Mangement and Advisors is for Goodstein. A

one word difference of an "and" inserted. A different thing.

I'm still wondering if the buildings are going to come down and that's that. there is a glitch of the special use

permit..... because every building is on an incline , a plane needs to be established, I think. this could be a big

undertaking and potential problem. this would leave the 5th street side way up in the air!

Good going, Burt :(

Very sad, ice. -_- Coupe has lowered the flag of hope and hoisted another (albeit, a very colorful one) in its place. I'm still going to cling to the strong possibility of a replacement ediface for the buildings being prepped for the wrecking ball...maybe not as soon as promised, but in the near future.

I see the avatar change...

No one ever came to me and asked me anything. I'm the most negative person you all know ... or anyone would know for that matter... but I have not lost hope on this project. I'm frankly tired of hearing about it. Just wait.

Just a nit pick, but this is a message board, not a blog. Newspapers make the same mistake all the time when they talk about something offensive or threatening said by a "blogger" when it was just a random post by some schmuck on a message board.

:offtopic:

I hate that "b" word.