Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yeah at 6pm I believe. ND hasn't lost a game.

Funny story about the FSU Women's Soccer team. On my last flight to ATL, the team was on there too going to Raleigh. We were in the back w/all the team and their coaches were more in the middle. Well the team must have just been fed pork and beans. They were relieving the pressure build up this meal had caused and it was audible, stinky and kept repeating. :) There's one gal on the team from Australia I think and she was especially loud. Now whenever I read about them or see them on TV, this is all I think about.

We need a better road to the airport. (Just tryin' to link this in w/the thread topic.)

I believe the Call Street project is moving forward, it's just that a decision needs to made on whether or not to eliminate the on-street parking. I know there's a debate on whether or not the project is being driven to benefit FSU but isn't this Call Street project a benefit to the new Floridan development also?

^Dude that's not a "dirt" that's the truth! I noticed that all the time here. I'm the guy in the back of the line blowing my horn telling folks to wake up and go. After they've not paid attention to the light turning green, they'll then run the light after it turns red. :huh:

My biggest gripe is about the people that will let someone out of a retail driveway AFTER THEY JUST PULLED UP AND THE LIGHT IS GREEN. They don't care that there are fourty-five people behind them that have been in that line for 10 minutes, they've still got to let the car out that just drove up. I understand being polite but that isn't to those behind you. My rule (and it should be universal) is that if you were there in that driveway BEFORE me, I'll let you out. If you just drove up, fuggedaboutit!

And don't get me started on those people that leave 3 to 4 car links between them and the car in front of them at a stop light.

Rant complete.....for now.

I believe the Call Street project is moving forward, it's just that a decision needs to made on whether or not to eliminate the on-street parking. I know there's a debate on whether or not the project is being driven to benefit FSU but isn't this Call Street project a benefit to the new Floridan development also?

Wah.

Is it just me, or does it seem that you can spend as much time stopped at a green light in this town as you can a red light? (now, I guess I should put a disclaimer...Im not dirting Tallahassee only, as I know this is the case in other towns, but Im not in any other towns right now, just this one).

This dude here speaks the truth, as well as poonther. Tallahassee folks take the courteous thing a little too far. It's ok to let someone in front of you every once in a while, but to hold up traffic when the light is green to let someone by is rude and downright retarded. When a lane is closed and I see people signaling to get in, I don't bother to let them in for the simple reason that if you can wait until the last minute to get over, I am not obligated to let you in under no circumstances. Damn, people need to pay attention to the traffic signals. :angry:

I can actually understand both your points.

It is always best for the flow of traffic to let people over especially when they signal....do cars still come w/blinkers? I ask b/c I rarely see them used. :) I also agree w/you TJ that one does not own the road and driving like that leads to more aggressive driving.

However EG has a good point. There are those that ride a closing lane or a merge to the very last minute hoping to muscle their way over and NOT have to slow down or wait in the line. It is those folks I never ever let in and I don't care how close they get to my car. It is those type situations that make me rather liberal w/my horn and finger.

I can actually understand both your points.

It is always best for the flow of traffic to let people over especially when they signal....do cars still come w/blinkers? I ask b/c I rarely see them used. :) I also agree w/you TJ that one does not own the road and driving like that leads to more aggressive driving.

However EG has a good point. There are those that ride a closing lane or a merge to the very last minute hoping to muscle their way over and NOT have to slow down or wait in the line. It is those folks I never ever let in and I don't care how close they get to my car. It is those type situations that make me rather liberal w/my horn and finger.

I was digging in the dirt today and found that in the late 1960s, I-65 was planned to come into Florida and end at I-10 in Marianna. I don't know what happened to the proposal, but it was way cool. It would have been interesting if it had been built our way instead of Mobile. :D

I was digging in the dirt today and found that in the late 1960s, I-65 was planned to come into Florida and end at I-10 in Marianna. I don't know what happened to the proposal, but it was way cool. It would have been interesting if it had been built our way instead of Mobile. :D

Not really sure where to put this, so I'll try here.

Poonther drives North.

Yesterday after getting my pearly whites cleaned, I had the opportunity to drive northward up to the Target in Bradfordville for some holiday shopping. Here are some random thoughts I had in this area since I so seldom get up that way:

Driving north on T'ville: Nice road, nice trees on the side, UGLY median. Why don't they landscape this?

B'ville Target: Never been to this Target before (yeah I know it's over a year old.) Very nice Target, nicer b/c it's newer than my Target on the p'way but it's a right-handed Target (walk in everything to the right) and the P'way Target is a left-handed Target. Had troubling finding things b/c of this. Yeah I know, I confuse easily. :)

Driving back down T'ville South: Looks like they are building the shopping center to go along w/the Walgreens at Bannerman. Is that so? Man that Chili's is crowded looking for lunch. With their success, looks like more chains should follow? What's that bigger 3 or 4 story bldg. way behind Chili's going to be?

Are they having trouble filling up that little shopping center behind the CVS at Wally-world at Bull Run or did they just complete it finally? Looked like no tenants at all there.

THAT'S THE BILLBOARD ALL THE PRINCES AND PRINCESSES OF KILLEARN ARE SCREAMING ABOUT? Wow that's nothing different than what we have in the rest of the city and after all it is US HIGHWAY 319. That one was a "no big deal" to me.

Ah Fresh Market: a place where I need nothing, but still manage to spend way too much money. I have a love/hate relationship w/this place. Our 3rd Po' Boys is coming along nicely. They've got the sign up, paper says they should be open in 2 weeks or so.

Hey you are right BHCav THE FLYOVER's proper name is the Veterans Memorial...I've never noticed that. Thanks for the tip. And the Wendy's underneath was open for biz as usual. I'm not sure how they did that w/all the damage the paper said they had. Hmmmm....adds new meaning to charbroiled burger (yeah I know that's technically BK Lounge slogan)

I really like the electronic billboard. I actually wish the light was longer so I could watch more it.

Anyway those were my thoughts. Your comments? Help w/my questions?

Archived