Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

Hey TJ ,

I saw your question on the democrap. I wonder if they are going to axe the Red Hill Parkway, they have got to have some alternatives for it. Not just we dont want it because a few tree huggers are against it. We need something for the future. What are we going to do in 2030? Looks like the powers to be want the roads to stay the same for the next 30 years.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of the development planned for the East side of town Welaunee, Pinnacle, Fallschase; Wouldn't it make since to go ahead and purchase the rideway for the RedHills Parkway NOW? When all of this gets built in the next few years I am sure there will be lots of residential contruction to follow. There for limiting available undeveloped land for the contruction of this needed roadway. The state could at least purchase the land and sit on it until the money followed for the contruction, this way they would save a lot from having to either buy more expensive land in the future or buy out some ones house in order to contruct the roadway.

Makes too much sense to me.....

Mahan is REALLY BAD. I was going to the house yesterday after noon after 5pm. The traffic was back up all the way to Buck Lake Rd in a stand still. It took me 20+ minutes to get from Buck Lake to Pedrick. I tried to come up Pedrick today at 6pm an it took me 15 minutes to go from Sugar Mill to Mahan. :o I will be so happy when they open Buck Lake back up.

I feel bad for you sbdinc and all your neighbors too. It does look like a real mess! I was over in all the mess this afternoon & couldn't wait to get out of there. Hopefully they will find a way to speed things up, work multiple shifts or something and get this project done ahead of schedule.

I hope so too. It is a headache. I know that the end result will be worth it, but is bad while it is going on. And then to heat that they are putting the Widening of Mahan as a priority. Then they said it would not happen until around 2010 :shok:

Howdy folks,

I came across this forum this morning while looking for information on Welaunee Plantation and decided to sign up. I've already learned about a lot of things I hadn't known about or had been wondering about - like that stub of a road by the Apalachee Wal-Mart's entrance (although, Southwood Plantation Road already comes up to Apalachee...?). Anyway, my favourite drive in Tally is Meridian from John Knox all the way up to Georgia 93. :thumbsup:

A few questions, is it OK to discuss Wakulla County development here?

Also, what happened to the plans to make some of the intersections on Capital Circle Northwest interchanges? The DOT site used to say that there would be two, and the (now dead) list of SPUI interchanges said that Tennessee & Capital Circle would become one. But it seems pretty obvious that there aren't going to be any...

Sorry about that TJ. The sign code violation is is the last picture of your CCNE shots.

I wish on the FDOT message boards on I-10 and N. Monroe when they are not running advisories or Amber Alerts that they'd have the sign say something like Welcome to Tallahassee instead of just leaving them blank or running the FDOT test pattern that they've been doing for over a week.

I wish on the FDOT message boards on I-10 and N. Monroe when they are not running advisories or Amber Alerts that they'd have the sign say something like Welcome to Tallahassee instead of just leaving them blank or running the FDOT test pattern that they've been doing for over a week.

I think - I'm almost certainly wrong on the numbers - but the sign in front of the hangars says 100-something acres (or was it 80-something? anyway...) and there's another just south of the runway that says 55 acres.

That airport desperately needs help. The runway's quite narrow, full of cracks and grass growing through same, and it looks like a roller-coaster! And the 'terminal' area is a joke. Hopefully somebody with some $ will come along and invest in it - it has tons of potential, (the VOR at the field is a major plus (although with the stampede to overreliance on GPS not as much as it once was), and an excellent location, great access to both the Northside and to Havana as well, but if it doesn't get help and soon it could easily wind up as so many airports have - bulldozed and developed.

K68J

Archived