Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

The vents are sweet! the K-Mart on Peters Creek is almost an exact replica of the one in CCM. I do have a feeling it will go under when big W-M comes along.

The K-Mart on S. Main St in High Point also looks like the CCM K-Mart, complete with the oversize vents, even in the addition they built a few years back.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The K-Mart on S. Main St in High Point also looks like the CCM K-Mart, complete with the oversize vents, even in the addition they built a few years back.

Yes that one too. And to add to the list... the one in Wilmington has that and I believe the one on Freedom Drive in Charlotte also.

It appears my school is starting to suffer from Carolina Circle's Disease. The Middle School and High School is closing this summer. :cry: I got to Pendle Hill Christian School. Great school, but I fear that it's going to end up like CCM. Apparently, CCM isn't the only big place that goes down.

It appears my school is starting to suffer from Carolina Circle's Disease. The Middle School and High School is closing this summer. :cry: I got to Pendle Hill Christian School. Great school, but I fear that it's going to end up like CCM. Apparently, CCM isn't the only big place that goes down.

It happens to the best and worst of buildings and institutions at times. Definately just another cycle of life.

Isn't that in the High Point Road area? That whole area is seeing some major change

Pendle Hill Christian School is at the Patterson Street/Merritt Drive interchange.

They decided to keep 6-8, but not the high school. But my school is still changing from Four Seasons into Carolina Circle and yes I will be changing schools. That's why I announced it in a CCM post.

This school is one of the greatest schools ever made. It's a 30 minute ride down Wendover everyday, but it's worth it.

That's one wild fountian in center court!

yeah it is...imagine if it was still filled with water. I went there once in '99 when the Dillard's Clearance Center was still open and there was water in it, but the fountain apparatus wasn't working and the water was all scummy.

That Camelot Music looks brand new for being closed 7 years before the actualy mall finally did!

speaking of ccm, i was looking through ebay this morning and someone threw a bathroom sign up for auction from the CCM. I can't tell how big it is from the pics, but whoever posted those pictures on this thread a couple days ago probably knows. you'd think that wherever that junk went when they demolished the mall people that like malls would be out there getting it. I wish i had that giant sign at the entrance with the old logo and the theater listing on it. maybe that or the mall directory kiosk if there was one.

• 3 weeks later...

I drove past the old CCM site today, and noticed the walls and some girders for the new Wal-Mart. I noticed that they have used a random beige, brown, gray block pattern for the walls (almost looks like a Tetris pattern). If that is the case, it will certainly look different than the blue, gray color of other Wal-Marts.

It's the side walls that have the random color blocks, and front is only a steel skeleton so far. But it would be nice if the front did look like that when it is finished. It almost looks like individual stores rather than the generic big box look.

Judging by the name "Pyramids Village", the shopping center might be themed like an old world village. But I don't know.

Archived