Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would take out a lot of houses. With Painter Blvd already taking out a lot on it's own accord, I'd say they would have to venture into extending cone blvd that far gently. I can visualize the path it would take and all that is inbetween the end of cone and where it might would intersect painter in the future. That is a large deal of real estate. Seems there would be easier ways for them to connect that part of town with painter...mainly going up 29 more than likely. (At least in the near future anyhow)

I highly doubt that a Cone Blvd. extension will happen. Where would it take you besides Painter? I looked at a map that shows the area between the current end of Cone Blvd and the proposed Painter Blvd. The way it looks, there's nothing out there. A road like Cone Blvd wouldn't survive the rural area out there.

I highly doubt that a Cone Blvd. extension will happen. Where would it take you besides Painter? I looked at a map that shows the area between the current end of Cone Blvd and the proposed Painter Blvd. The way it looks, there's nothing out there. A road like Cone Blvd wouldn't survive the rural area out there.

Well there IS stuff out here...and people out here(and businesses and even some industry), but I still think that it would make more sense for painter to connect to cone via 29N(which I am assuming it will do. )

I drive the back roads from the CCM area where my mother lives to my home out here in Gibsonville. I know what I pass through to get here....what may look like a lot of empty land-isnt. It may not be as dense as Greensboro-but there are quite a lot of folks that live in Eastern Guilford County. I cannot see how extending Cone Blvd would benefit the masses above what a simple link off 29 would do as we will surely have a couple of other links to enter painter from already existing major country roads when it comes north from 70. A cone blvd extension certainly wouldnt be built to somehow improve our lives out here in the countryside...

Wish they would hurry up and finnish. The sooner CCM is gone, the sooner Wal-Mart will open.

I went to North Myrtle Beach about a month and a half ago and went to a new Super Wal-Mart at a new shopping center called Gator Hole Plaza. That Wal-Mart was amazing. It had everything such as a Subway (No it's not that big), an arcade, toy department, huge grocery store, electronic department, I think a tire depot, and even more. Other stores at Gator Hole Plaza was a Home Depot, Cato, some local ice cream joint that's a lot like Greensboro's Cold Stone, and much more. Probably the new shopping center at CCM will be just like that.

it's good ice cream, i just hate it when people tip the workers. you get 2 tonedeaf teenage girls singing a disney song at the top of their lungs!

Yeah. I only went there once. While eating, a few people tipped, and it ended up being dessert and a floor show. When I left, I tiped them, but ran out the door in a hurry. I consider them, retired camp councelors. No offense to any workers who work there. But the ice cream was good.

Yeah. I only went there once. While eating, a few people tipped, and it ended up being dessert and a floor show. When I left, I tiped them, but ran out the door in a hurry. I consider them, retired camp councelors. No offense to any workers who work there. But the ice cream was good.

For what it's worth, the singing is at least pleasant. So many places you go to, the employees aren't that interested in waiting on customers. You gotta give 'em props for that.

I would have taken better pictures, but you could only get in via the Cone Blvd/Ring Rd intersection. I also noticed two pylons that were once holding something, but I don't remember what they were for. I don't know if they were for ccm or that Pyramid's thing. Here's a picture of them. If anyone knows what they were for, tell me. You can see them on the far right of the picture. In real life, their located out front of the former Belk and the end of the Ring Road spur.

post-4608-1128433530.jpg

post-4608-1128433530.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went by there today. No pictures. I saw it from 16th Street. Ultra weird. There are hardly anymore signs that a mall once stood on that site. I don't know how much longer the Wards Auto Center will last.

What? The Wards Auto Center is still up? I thought that would have gotten demolished with the rest of the outparcels.

Archived