Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Merchandise bought the Best store in Greensboro when Best went under. They were never related corporately.

Best was on High Point Road for many years (current SRI Shoe Warehouse/Big Lots), and moved to Landmark Station on Bridford in 1996 or '97. They were only on Bridford for a year or so, if that.

Service Merchandise moved from Carolina Circle to the practically-new Best store on Bridford and lasted a very short time, maybe two years.

Service Merchandise bought the Best store in Greensboro when Best went under. They were never related corporately.

Best was on High Point Road for many years (current SRI Shoe Warehouse/Big Lots), and moved to Landmark Station on Bridford in 1996 or '97. They were only on Bridford for a year or so, if that.

Service Merchandise moved from Carolina Circle to the practically-new Best store on Bridford and lasted a very short time, maybe two years.

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines-but was fuzzy on all the particulars as I really never went in either more than a time or two when on Bridford. I used to frequent Service Merchandise when it was beside Toys R Us at CCM-but after they moved, I didnt follow them across town.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this is completely expected, but a Lowe's Hardware Store is coming to the "Shoppes at Pyramid Village (?)" to join Wal-Mart at Cone Blvd. and US-29. News and Record says that it will occupy the site right across the street and the old K-Mart shopping center will be demolished to make way for Lowes.

Not surprising, and I am glad that land will be used too.

What is really funny about all this, is that there used to be a Lowes 14-15 years ago over on Yanceyville(not far from CCM)....before they built the one on Battleground and Wendover that was just a small shell of what we see today. Now it is a clock part warehouse.

I'm sure this is completely expected, but a Lowe's Hardware Store is coming to the "Shoppes at Pyramid Village (?)" to join Wal-Mart at Cone Blvd. and US-29. News and Record says that it will occupy the site right across the street and the old K-Mart shopping center will be demolished to make way for Lowes.

So I thought Lowes would come next to WalMart and Home Depot would come to the Kmart. Guess plans have changed.

It'll be a good thing for the area. The old Kmart shopping center was starting to be an eyesore.

Those are great pictures ILoveCallingNCHome. I need to head back out to the CCM area and take some pics myself.

I think that the newspaper made a mistake with their map of where the Lowe's will be. They had it where the Bojangles is. I might have read it wrong.

Back in January, I looked up close at the old K-Mart and took a few pictures. Most of the fixtures, cash registers, and other machines were still in there as well as the mega air vents.

All of the shops that were occupying the old Big Lots part of the shopping center closed a few months ago. Remember that Big Lots? I do.

My mom worked at the Big Star at Northgate in Durham years ago, probably mid to early late '80's...I still have a visual of the signage in my head all these years later. Apparantely it must have been somewhat large for me to remember it 20 years later...

If anyone can post a pic of a Big Star grocery store with the logo on it please do!

Archived