Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there with cantnot. It is quite surprising how it's just been turned into a big flat dirt field now.

You're right. I rode past the former mall on 16th St this afternoon and my eyes still haven't adjusted to the new scenery.

Does anyone know if they're going to use the old Service Merchandise building and/or the old Montgomery Ward Auto Center building for anything. I read somewhere that those two building won't be demolished.

The last thing I would have thought would be that those two buildings would still be standing.

Exactly. I was really expecting the Wards Auto Center to be leveled too. That's because the Wards Auto Center was part of the mall even though it was in a seperate building. So wouldn't it seem logical to tear down the entire mall?

Exactly. I was really expecting the Wards Auto Center to be leveled too. That's because the Wards Auto Center was part of the mall even though it was in a seperate building. So wouldn't it seem logical to tear down the entire mall?

It's possible that the tract where the Wards Auto Center sits was split form the original CCM property when the land was sold to Wal-Mart (or whoever's developing the mall site). Since it's across the street, maybe the person that owns it is trying to sell it to a restaurant or other peripheral user.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More updates:

1. Rode by there Friday and I noticed that Duke Power was setting up temporary power service. You know, to power the tools etc.

2. Went by there again Sunday and noticed that there is now a Wal-Mart Coming Soon banner on Ring Road. Not real sure what it said, just caught the tail end of it from the US-29 to Cone East ramp.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out the name of the new shopping center. It's going to be called "The Shoppes at Pyramids Village". Apparently, Pyramids is still in action.

This was discussed somewhat back on page 19 and 20 of this same thread...as this link was posted

http://www.wakefieldassociates.net/Greensboro.asp?office=1

which leads to this one

http://www.wakefieldassociates.net/pyramid...erlay%208-1.pdf

I am not surprised or disappointed. I really do not care what it is called. CCM is a memory-and I'd rather hold on to what I know of it "then" in it's "glory days' than to try to reinvent it in someway today through a new shopping center. (even if only by name) The new name gives it a fresh start without the baggage of what was before that people might associate with the latter years of CCM.

Archived