Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle works for Bellsouth. Well he found out some information about installing telephone service for a Cracker Barrel at the old Carolina Circle Mall. I'm not sure it's true or not, but that'd be neat.

That's neat! I thought Cracker Barrels only located on interstates in the country? :blink:

Apparently, a little but of CCM is being revived. Anyone remember Monks Cafe at the food court? Well they're going to reopen it at Northeast Shopping Center on Summit Avenue in mid-February. Now if they can just fit a carousel in the shopping center parking lot.

Apparently, a little but of CCM is being revived. Anyone remember Monks Cafe at the food court? Well they're going to reopen it at Northeast Shopping Center on Summit Avenue in mid-February. Now if they can just fit a carousel in the shopping center parking lot.

That's cool. At least a little CCM history will make it back in another form.

I was never impressed with Monks. Perhaps it was because the few times I thought I might actually try it, they had a B sanitation grade.

I agree. We never went to Monks. If we'd eat at CCM, it would be the Carolina Deli?/Subs & Spuds. If anyone remembers the name of the deli beside Monks, let me know. I know that after the deli closed, it became Subs & Spuds.

I think late 90s or early 2000s

Close. It actually closed in May of 2002 about 5 months after CCM closed. I'd like to know what year it opened. I'm guessing sometime in the 80's.

They left everything in that Kmart, from carts to cash registers.

I know. When stores close, they always leave everything in them for some reason. I think I saw an Icey machine in there. I ain't drinking one of those. :sick: I remember seeing pictures of the inside of CCM when it closed. They sure don't clean them up for some reason.

I have many memories of that K-Mart. My parents didn't care for it much, but I'd go there a lot with my grandmother whenever I spent the night at her house. Ah, memories. :whistling:

It was one of the grooviest enclosed malls built in North Carolina :shades:

I'd like to know what year it opened. I'm guessing sometime in the 80's.

When stores close, they always leave everything in them for some reason. I think I saw an Icey machine in there. I ain't drinking one of those. :sick: I remember seeing pictures of the inside of CCM when it closed. They sure don't clean them up for some reason.

I have many memories of that K-Mart. My parents didn't care for it much, but I'd go there a lot with my grandmother whenever I spent the night at her house. Ah, memories. :whistling:

Close. That Kmart is from 1976; the same year that CCM opened and the biggest year for store openings in Kmart history :) Sadly, I don't think I went in there more than twice, and that was when they were closing.

I gotta disagree about the Icee machine. Assuming it works, a thorough sterilization and tune-up will put it back in business. I bought a home version of an Icee machine a few weeks ago, and I love it!

It was one of the grooviest enclosed malls built in North Carolina :shades:

Close. That Kmart is from 1976; the same year that CCM opened and the biggest year for store openings in Kmart history :) Sadly, I don't think I went in there more than twice, and that was when they were closing.

I gotta disagree about the Icee machine. Assuming it works, a thorough sterilization and tune-up will put it back in business. I bought a home version of an Icee machine a few weeks ago, and I love it!

I'm still glad there are Kmarts from that era that are still open and that have been sparsely remodeled since then which still capture some of that era. Unfortunately I don't some of those stores will be lasting so much longer.

Is the K-Mart on Peters Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem still open? I think it has a lot of CCM K-Mart qualities.

What I've always liked about the old K-Marts are those oversized air vents.

I'm going to do some K-Mart research by surfing the web and studying the pictures I took yesterday. I'll report back here if I disover anything. K-Mart would probably be my favorite classic store and especially the one in NE Greensboro. I'm not only facinated with CCM, but I'm also interested in the sorrounding area.

Yes, that Big Kmart store is still open. The Harris Teeter next to it closed a few years back... but it's the only Kmart left in Winston-Salem now.

I love those oversized vents too!!! those rock.

The vents are sweet! the K-Mart on Peters Creek is almost an exact replica of the one in CCM. I do have a feeling it will go under when big W-M comes along.

Archived