Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

Pretty good. The problem with these games is that they like to stretch reality. nccm gets invaded by aliens and the workers there are robots. I even have a travel agency there named after me. I'm still trying to make some screenshots. The nccm I made has the same shape as ccm. It has the appendix that includes the theater and picadilly, a food court that includes the same resturants like Monk's, Chick Filet, the arcade, etc. Pretty much, it's just like ccm, but more successful and isn't being torn down.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I figured that the best star location in my movie should be ccm. I can see it now. skateboard/motorcycle chase around the carousel and me getting all that food at Picadilly. I've always thought that the ccm would do great in a time travel movie.

I did not like the food court. The carousel was only bearable because my kids enjoyed it from time to time. I really wish it would have all stayed an ice rink because that was one thing that was very unique for a mall, as well as for this area. (and it would have been fun to take my kids there as they grew had the mall remained) It was years before another ice rink was built in Greensboro and it is in that hated part of town off West Wendover-so we do not go.

Food courts often are not done well. (example...colonial mall's attempt at one in Burlington). I like having places to eat scattered throughout the mall where I do not have to stop where I am shopping and head back or skip a lot of stuff to get to the court. I remember when Four Season's was like that. Chick Fil A upstairs near where Disney is...McDonalds down near Belk....Picadilly was near a main mall entrance etc.

Probably the only food court I like is the one at South Point...but there , you also have other choices outside as well to choose from.

When Carolina Circle had the ice rink, you had several places along there to choose from...around the rink...It just looked better...and usually stayed busy. When it became a food court with lots of tables, and the carousel, it just always seemed really dirty...

To me, it's hard to imagine a mall without a food court. Sorta like Batman without Robin, ham without eggs, and I-40 without I-85. I've never been to a mall without one. The Carolina Circle one was pretty simplified. Like a lot of food courts, it had an arcade and a Chick Filet. My favorite place there was I think Carolina Deli/Subs & Spuds. One time my hand got stuck in one of those chairs. Whoever designed the ccm food court chairs went to sleep at 2:00 AM and woke up at 3:00 AM. I know Four Season's food court is named the Pavilion. Did ccm's have a name and if so what was it?

PS: Just curious. What was ccm like during the renovation? I've seen the pre-renovation ccm through pictures and the post-renovation through personal experience and pictures, but how about in between? I've been to Four Seasons and Hanes Mall during their renovations and it was a mess.

Some of us need to get together to resurect the WikiPedia article on ccm. There used to be one about 2-3 months ago, but it got deleted. I've got a few pictures and if anyone else has any more pictures and we can combine all of our ideas and make one great ccm article. I already have an account there.

PS: Sad news for ccm fans everywhere. The Post Apocalyptic Mall of Doom site that has the pictures of the inside from 2005 is no more. Got on there, got a 404 error. Luckly I saved some pictures onto my hard drive.

I remember when the rink was in Carolina Circle. There was a restaturant that overlooked the ice rink on the bottom level. You could see the people eating through the glass windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, and that was very cool. I know some parents that would drop off their kids to skate and then go eat , getting a window seat to watch their kids as they ate.

Archived