Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably will not post again on this topic since the CCM is no more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There will be something to say on the future of the CCM property for a long while, IMO.

Of course, running a one-man campaign against the HT at Eastland Mall takes a lot of posting time (sorry, had to say it) :rolleyes:

Of course, running a one-man campaign against the HT at Eastland Mall takes a lot of posting time (sorry, had to say it)  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can have a civilized discussion on a message board long enough to realize the rants were against the shoplifters at the Eastland HT and not directed personally towards anyone or towards Harris Teeter. Shoplifters at any store are the ones who cause the problems. If there wasn't so much crime at that HT, they wouldn't have to hire 3 security guards and the overhead at that HT location wouldn't be so high, which would make it less likely to close. Pretty logical to me when I first learned of this. But I can accept that you think I will topple HT on my own accord. (chuckles quietly)

If you can have a civilized discussion on a message board long enough to realize the rants were against the shoplifters at the Eastland HT and not directed personally towards anyone or towards Harris Teeter.  Shoplifters at any store are the ones who cause the problems.  If there wasn't so much crime at that HT, they wouldn't have to hire 3 security guards and the overhead at that HT location wouldn't be so high, which would make it less likely to close.  Pretty logical to me when I first learned of this.  But I can accept that you think I will topple HT on my own accord.  (chuckles quietly)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won't (laughs meniacally)

I was right in my thinking; you can't take a joke. At all.

I'm as sensible as the next person on these boards, and I can also see that you have a burr up your a** about that store, that neighborhood, and about HT.

Anyway, per your own figures, the Cotswald location has two security guards and the Eastland store has three. Considering that Cotswald is in an area with overall lower crime (or is Cotswald Mall a "crime haven" too?), it would seem that the Cotswald Mall HT store has as much or worse crime problem than HT Eastland and should close.

It's not like there's not thirty-some HTs within three miles of that store, including the Morrocroft store, which is more groceries in one location than all the grocery stores in Eastland's neighborhood combined.

We both know this is not just about petty crime. I kinda wished you'd just let this go, have your opinion (and let me have mine) maybe have a chuckle and move on, but no.

You won't (laughs meniacally)

I was right in my thinking; you can't take a joke.  At all.

I'm as sensible as the next person on these boards, and I can also see that you have a burr up your a** about that store, that neighborhood, and about HT. 

Anyway, per your own figures, the Cotswald location has two security guards and the Eastland store has three.  Considering that Cotswald is in an area with overall lower crime (or is Cotswald Mall a "crime haven" too?), it would seem that the Cotswald Mall HT store has as much or worse crime problem than HT Eastland and should close. 

It's not like there's not thirty-some HTs within three miles of that store, including the Morrocroft store, which is more groceries in one location than all the grocery stores in Eastland's neighborhood combined. 

We both know this is not just about petty crime.  I kinda wished you'd just let this go, have your opinion (and let me have mine) maybe have a chuckle and move on, but no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the cotswold HT has 2 security guards? i went to that HT all the time when i lived in cotswold. i would never imagine they would have a big problem with shoplifting.

anyway, back to the CCM site, ;) anybody have any new pix?

the cotswold HT has 2 security guards? i went to that HT all the time when i lived in cotswold. i would never imagine they would have a big problem with shoplifting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes they have 2 contracted security guards, however, I think they are both over 70 years old which makes me question their effectiveness.

this whole thread

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any info. on moving this to the triad forum??? I'm pretty much done posting about it. Nothing on these boards is in the right spot. I started a thread on HT expansions and closings and someone put it in the Charlotte retail area. I kind of wanted it to stay on the "NC board". But i am really not sure who has the ultimate say on here on where to move postings.

^  That rocks.  Were you able to find digital shag carpeting for your department stores?  :lol: Just kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually for Montgomery Ward, I was able to give it lime green carpet. It doesn't have orange. I was able to add a carousel, but it's like a carousel at K-mart.

Archived