Tradition Tower

downtowninvestor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be surprised the number of Norwegians and Dutch here. My next door neighbors were from Belgium and Norway. There is a Dutch consulate here now.

Disney helps, if nothing else they can get a job selling smoked salmon to tourists in Norwayland.

Orlando has had a Dutch Consulate since 1994 when World Cup was here/there.

Orlando has had a Dutch Consulate since 1994 when World Cup was here/there.

I met the (future) consul last year when my neighbor came back from Belgium. He said he was going to open it, implying that it was not open yet.

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Beatrice of The Netherlands has appointed Peter J. Groenendijk as Honorary Consul of the Kingdom of the Netherlands for the Central Florida area. Consular offices will be located at 174 W Comstock Avenue in Winter Park and are scheduled to open on October 3, 2005. The consulate will be open Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 1:00pm and closed on national and Dutch holidays. The consular staff includes Anneliese Groenendijk, Alphons Kuppers, and Louis van Breemen.

Are those some Dutch names or what?

I went to Maastricht, NL earlier this year and it was great. A city of +100k people and a traffic jam consisted of 3 cars and a line of bicycles on the main bridge. The bridge itself was 2 traffic lanes, 2 bike lanes, and 2 sidewalks beyond that. The NL is one of the few places I ever seen a bicycle parking lot

post-8152-1156192486_thumb.jpg

much less an actual garage

post-8152-1156192655_thumb.jpg

(in Amsterdam)

oh, and do all Saabs have Sweedish flags on them? I dunno....

I met the (future) consul last year when my neighbor came back from Belgium. He said he was going to open it, implying that it was not open yet.

I went to Maastricht, NL earlier this year and it was great. A city of +100k people and a traffic jam consisted of 3 cars and a line of bicycles on the main bridge. The bridge itself was 2 traffic lanes, 2 bike lanes, and 2 sidewalks beyond that. The NL is one of the few places I ever seen a bicycle parking lot

(in Amsterdam)

oh yeah, especially right outside of Shiphol Intl., or however its spelled. even in sub freezing temps, they're on those bikes.

Do people really live down there?

Yeah, I do. Well... 2-minutes away. I was looking at some condos there today.

Nope, College Park. I've seen a few Sweedish flags on cars around me also. Funny these Nordic peoples would move down here.

Swedish Americans also have alot of pride. There is a "Swedish Camp" for children in... Clermont or somewhere. My friend went to it as a kid.

(in Amsterdam)

I stand corrected. :blush: Maybe they just had a temporary consulate...

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that the realtors reported selling only six condo units over 400,000 in all of downtown last month. How in the world are they going to sell the 40 or 50% that they need to start construction of this building? With the slowing of the market for the rest of the year.

I read somewhere that the realtors reported selling only six condo units over 400,000 in all of downtown last month. How in the world are they going to sell the 40 or 50% that they need to start construction of this building? With the slowing of the market for the rest of the year.

Yeah, 400,000 condos? Or square feet? Either way, even if that number were 4,000, it seems high...

EDIT:

Oops - just realized you probably meant price.

It's September, shouldn't we begin to see some site progress this month? The new awning on the Rosalind side of the sales center is nice. Let's have a party when the University Club is demolished. I think someone within walking distance enjoys a bottle of Grey Goose.

I prefer Bombay Sapphire gin, to be honest... :rofl:

Let's have an U-P celebration at my place over @ Eola South! I think I'm finally (and OMFG, THANK YOU GOD) done with this condo.

Details to follow.... :)

I don't understand this TT-skepticism.

I'm with you Dale. This is one of the projects on my list that will get built. The people buying these them are being marketed from all around the country and simply could care less about what we consider higher housing prices or interest rates. Combine that with the deep pockets of University Club and I think we can consider the building of this tower be as a foregone conclussion.

JRS1- you posed the question regarding the order of groundbreaking for these new buildings (Master Thread). Without comprimising any aggreements, this project is highly regarded to be neck and neck for the first spot.

I'm with you Dale. This is one of the projects on my list that will get built. The people buying these them are being marketed from all around the country and simply could care less about what we consider higher housing prices or interest rates. Combine that with the deep pockets of University Club and I think we can consider the building of this tower be as a foregone conclussion.

JRS1- you posed the question regarding the order of groundbreaking for these new buildings (Master Thread). Without comprimising any aggreements, this project is highly regarded to be neck and neck for the first spot.

how surreal. I was just out having drinks with a few individuals this weekend and this project came up. we were trying to figure out if the 35% of sales up to this point included the 100 unit deal with that intl. investor or not. the 35% number is from previous posting here;

however, I did meet the marketing person for Intrawest's Westin Imagine, which was interesting. she was surprised at my level of knowledge of her project- and a few others; couldn't understand how or why I knew so much. this forum is like the CIA, I mean, stuff that we take for granted info-wise, the average individual is like stunned that one of us would know this stuff. pretty crazy.

My understanding is that number is not derived from any one persons ourchase in the building. Those are all individual sales.

...then that is great news. I figured this was how it was. I mean, why would they include in that figure that block of units if they haven't closed yet? very encouraging.

Archived