1115 N. Orange | 14-story residential [Proposed]

Jernigan

7 minutes ago, codypet said:

It is.  You'll probably see the same outrage that came out for Fairchild Chapel when it was torn down.

I wonder why. It's not much of a building. Especially compared to Fairchild.

Screenshot-20230619-093652-2.jpg 

At any rate, fourteen stories won't make a very significant visual impact coming into DTO on I-4.  

But every little thing helps I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

At any rate, fourteen stories won't make a very significant visual impact coming into DTO on I-4.  

Its the Neon sign.  Fairchild and Merita before it.  It'll just be seen as another lost sign.  I still maintain Morse should open that museum to the people.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

...not a bad bit of collage work there...I'm thinking that from an angle of travel perspective, it will go far in filling stuff in; and, the fact that it would by that tall would give the appearance of a "continuous" line of development from North Q all the way to The Yard and Advent.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

Is this the Lightstyle building? Surprised to see that as a candidate for redevelopment.

That would be a shame, only because the signage is iconic, and it’s a nice visual design with all of the lighting fixtures glowing through the massive store window.  It’ll be replaced by something sadly generic.

Edited by jliv

On 6/19/2023 at 5:57 PM, jliv said:

That would be a shame, only because the signage is iconic, and it’s a nice visual design with all of the lighting fixtures glowing through the massive store window.  It’ll be replaced by something sadly generic.

Yes their store display window is kind of iconic. Your comment reminded me of the old pics from around town that I posted in the photo thread a few years ago, the Lightstyle window was one of them:

On 7/6/2019 at 11:00 AM, nite owℓ said:

PA220508.thumb.jpg.b808c3a8ef3f104f20c5f5f9fcc5cdda.jpg

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

Well, I asked for a Lake House inspired design and now I wish I could take it back. 

Orlando is getting the least attractive building designs of all large Florida cities.

So this looks so much the many mid-rise residential building sprouting all over the Miami-Dade area where single family homes were. The difference here is there aren't scores of them within neighborhoods and one built here on a busy street really stands out.