Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Not yet! The arena presentation is September 12th during the county meeting. The Citrus Bowl and PAC are before that, both in August, but I was distracted when Ms. Donahouge announced the dates.

It looks really really good for the Arena and PAC at this point, aside from Harris Rosen it seemed like everyone found the proposal reasonable and if they had concerns it wasn't anything that would causehuge problems.

Now that the tax has passed....

Does anyone know if it was contingent on dissolving the Downtown Community Redelopemnt tax? Not sure exactly what it's called but it was the tax where extra $ was funneled into dt, and there was talk of a trade-off a while back.

Now that the tax has passed....

Does anyone know if it was contingent on dissolving the Downtown Community Redelopemnt tax? Not sure exactly what it's called but it was the tax where extra $ was funneled into dt, and there was talk of a trade-off a while back.

The downtown taxing district is still at issue....

They seemed to touch on the taxing district and the need to kill it. It will be an issue as how the funds of the 1% increase are to be spent.

They mentioned in the Sentinel that the City and the County will have to work out how much of the money from the district will need to go to the projects...I wonder how much is left?

And of course that depends on how much Mr. DeVos and others put up also...they mentioned this would only be half of what's needed, but I don't know if that's including all 3 projects.

They mentioned in the Sentinel that the City and the County will have to work out how much of the money from the district will need to go to the projects...I wonder how much is left?

And of course that depends on how much Mr. DeVos and others put up also...they mentioned this would only be half of what's needed, but I don't know if that's including all 3 projects.

I know the Monster Truck Show can't accept the bowl in its current state. We better put $252 million into the Citrus Bowl or we may lose it.

If they are going to do it, they need to do it right.....to spend millions to renovate a crappy facility is a waste.....

I wonder what will happen with the old arena, but more so, I wonder what will happen with Bob Carr

I agree.No need in pumping new money into an old building.Hope they build it downtown though.

Not yet! The arena presentation is September 12th during the county meeting. The Citrus Bowl and PAC are before that, both in August, but I was distracted when Ms. Donahouge announced the dates.

It looks really really good for the Arena and PAC at this point, aside from Harris Rosen it seemed like everyone found the proposal reasonable and if they had concerns it wasn't anything that would causehuge problems.

I hope your right.Iam really interested in seeing how much money Devos is going to give.The paper quoted as saying it would be a substantial amount.I wonder how much that is?last time around he offered 10 mil.I hope its alot more than that this time cause thats just a drop in the bucket.Go magic

I hope your right.Iam really interested in seeing how much money Devos is going to give.The paper quoted as saying it would be a substantial amount.I wonder how much that is?last time around he offered 10 mil.I hope its alot more than that this time cause thats just a drop in the bucket.Go magic

I think the real haggling issues will be naming rights, who gets what from parking & concessions....etc.