Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

If we get a new citrus bowl and a new orena what all could they be held for? Do you think there are any chances we'd get a NFL and an MLS team in the citrus bowl and have NBA and NHL in the Orena? I think Orlando is ready for more sport teams but do you think we'll ever get them?

NFL: Doubtful at this point, but I wouldn't rule it out. Wayne Weaver is getting restless in Jacksonville as his team is losing a lot of money and has had to cover parts of his stadium to assure sellouts and negate blackouts. New Orleans is probably as good as gone too. Unfortunatley the city might be working its way back to pre-Katrina life, however, many of their citizens are still living in houses with tarps on roofs, etc. It's going to be tough. Minnesota is still looking for a new football stadium and rumors have surrounded the team. All this means squat though as Los Angeles is the 1st in line for a team.

MLS: This isn't far fetched, however, barring Title IX problems, they will be playing at UCF's new Stadium. It's better fitted for MLS at 45,000.

NHL: Not going to happen, unlike the NFL the NHL which depends on all the fans they can have hurts when 2 markets possibly overlap (Tampa and Orlando) However, Orlando WILL get a AHL (AAA) team if the new arena is built.

MLB: Just adding there is always the possibility, especially with the D-Rays and Marlins struggling the way they are for fans. Would baseball work in Orlando? Possibly, however it is definitly something the city could look into affter the tax is approved.

Edited by Magicfan95

If we get a new citrus bowl and a new orena what all could they be held for? Do you think there are any chances we'd get a NFL and an MLS team in the citrus bowl and have NBA and NHL in the Orena? I think Orlando is ready for more sport teams but do you think we'll ever get them?

I figure we will eventually get another pro sports team.

I do wish we had more than pro basketball. Not that the Magic are bad - I'm proud of them! But an NFL team or NHL or MLS would be great. Nothing draws a city together quite like sports does - especially a successful sports team. I remember what it was like in Orlando back in 95 when the Magic were in the finals. That was amazing. It was like Orlando had been transformed from a bunch of strangers to everyone knows everyone. Sports is like glue to a community.

And just because Tampa has hockey and football, this should not preclude Orlando getting our own hockey or NFL team. Some forumers have posted before that it could really start a great rivalry between the 2 cities, and I agree. That would be cool!

Does anyone know if they plan on having a victory parade in Miami for the Heat?

The Heat & Pat Riley can go stuff it. This is an Orlando forum & we root for the Magic here. Pat Riley & his bunch of cheating vandals can take the trophy and stuff it!

The Heat & Pat Riley can go stuff it. This is an Orlando forum & we root for the Magic here. Pat Riley & his bunch of cheating vandals can take the trophy and stuff it!

Thanks for your help! I'm grateful.

I like Miami and Orlando. And I grew up in PA, so I like the 76ers as well.

Someone's bitter. :cry:

Hey, speaking of representing Metrowest-- I heard they are going to rename it Veranda Park. Go Heat.

Hey, speaking of representing Metrowest-- I heard they are going to rename it Veranda Park. Go Heat.

I think that bit of info was released on these boards months ago, and it just amde the news today. I think it's a just a marketing scheme by the Veranda Park developer for free advertising. I've lived in MetroWest for 2 years no one asked me if I think it needed a name change. I don't. I think the name MetroWest is brilliant.

Back to the posted topic...

I think that bit of info was released on these boards months ago, and it just amde the news today. I think it's a just a marketing scheme by the Veranda Park developer for free advertising. I've lived in MetroWest for 2 years no one asked me if I think it needed a name change. I don't. I think the name MetroWest is brilliant.

Back to the posted topic...

How can that be avoided. I am partial to MetroWest over Veranda Park as well. It's not an apartment complex it s freaking swath of Metro Orlando!

How can that be avoided. I am partial to MetroWest over Veranda Park as well. It's not an apartment complex it s freaking swath of Metro Orlando!

Writing to the Veranda Park developer maybe. Or writing businesses telling them they should keep their MetroWest name. Maybe if the businesses, who stand to lose money, resist the name change this guy will change his mind. Anyone have his e-mail?

Did the Preds win Arenabowl last week?

Also, I think the CIty wants "Veranda Park" to compliment "College Park" and "Baldwin Park" and whichever other neighborhoods Orlando has in name.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the planning process is moving along with the new arena going downtown.

"Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and the City Council have commissioned an extensive master planning process that will identify potential sites for a new arena/events center"

Link: From Downtown Confidential July 5th

Bottom of page 2 and all of page 3!!!

Edited by jcast