Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

AJAX was thinking about it ... and BBArch designed one for the NuPizzuti lot with parking below the field. I really don't think AJAX had that kind of money.

Ajax doesn't have that kind of money. MLS would be awesome here. I would go to every game. Soccer specific stadiums look great aswell. Downtown Orlando definately needs more sports venues. I mean, we do have that hole Tinker field but isn't it supposed to be torn down with the Citrus Bowl renovation?

Ajax doesn't have that kind of money. MLS would be awesome here. I would go to every game. Soccer specific stadiums look great aswell. Downtown Orlando definately needs more sports venues. I mean, we do have that hole Tinker field but isn't it supposed to be torn down with the Citrus Bowl renovation?

I thought tinker was a 'historic' location or something

maybe im wrong

either way

I def agree in the fact that we need more venues

The new arena's capacity was quoted in a newspaper article to be roughly 18,500 but I don't have the source on-hand.

yeah i heard that too.. isnt that only 1000 seats more than our current arena?

So i take it all the seats (even upper bowl) will be decent view like the current arena is? I guess thats a good thing.. I went to a bulls game and the 3rd level you can't see whats going on..hahaha and the seats in the 3rd level are the same price as it would be for a lower bowl in orlando..freakin ridiculous.

Edited by PMWMagic

yeah i heard that too.. isnt that only 1000 seats more than our current arena?

So i take it all the seats (even upper bowl) will be decent view like the current arena is? I guess thats a good thing.. I went to a bulls game and the 3rd level you can't see whats going on..hahaha and the seats in the 3rd level are the same price as it would be for a lower bowl in orlando..freakin ridiculous.

You mean like this?

DSCN0197.jpg

Masseys donate $1M to new performing arts center

Harvey and Carol Massey have donated $1 million to the Dr. P. Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center.

"We believe passionately that a healthy and vibrant arts community positively impacts the education of our children and grand children, which, in turn improves the quality of life in our community for all residents," says Harvey Massey, owner of Massey Services, in a prepared statement.

Their gift brings the total amount of charitable contributions raised for the nonprofit downtown performing arts center to $46.5 million, almost halfway to the total goal of raising $100 million from the private sector in less than three months.

Other gifts include $10 million from the DeVos family, $7.5 million from Jim and Alexis Pugh, and $1 million each from Bank of America, The Kessler Collection and Harriett Lake.

Orlando Business Journal Article

sorry but what does that churchs renovation have to with this topic?

Anyone Framiliar with the PAC will know that a portion of the land is owned by First Methodist.

It is signifigant the FUMCO has picked this world renowned architectural firm becuse it will affect how its land is used in reguards to the PAC.

Any more questions?

Who decided that the PAC would be named after DR. Philips?

Edited by RedStar25

Who decided that the PAC would be named after DR. Philips?

I think the donation by the Dr. Phillips Charities of $25 million of the $100 million needed sealed the deal on the name. It's nice that it's named after someone from Orlando's "pre-history" than some recent politician or corporation.

Check out the Sentinel article.

Edited by palmtree73

I think dr. phillips PAC has a very nice sound to it

though I will still probably just end up calling it OPAC

As far as FUMCO is concerned, im pretty sure they have stated they will work with the new PAC giving them the land in exchange for space in the new buildings, as well as help in the construction of a new building adjacent to their current main building

Orange officials: Taxpayers to pay if Magic get way

David Damron {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted January 4, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article makes it sounds like someone doesnt want the venue being built.

Orange officials: Taxpayers to pay if Magic get way

David Damron {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted January 4, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article makes it sounds like someone doesnt want the venue being built.

Does the Sentinel not believe in doing math themselves, or do they leave it up to experts in the Mayor's office?

100 mil @ 4.2% = 76 million in interest over 30 years

100 mil @ 5.9% = 113 million / 30 years

difference = 37 million just like the county says. Check the comments on the Sentinel article, the natives are grabbing their pitchforks and torches. Apparently, the Magic didn't agree to what the county seems to think they agreed to, but that's to be expected when you never come out and say what deal you have arranged.

If they are serious about doing this, there needs to be work done together to lower the interest rate, pay off the bonds faster, or some combination of the 2. Why should we piss away 37 million we don't have to?

Edited by neon9