Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

I'll have to check it out sometime.

It's a really nice little gallery. In fact, my family has an art show coming up there in the next couple months sometime. My mother in law paints, my father in law paints, my sister in law paints, my wife paints and does pottery, and I dabble a bit myself.

It's a really nice little gallery. In fact, my family has an art show coming up there in the next couple months sometime. My mother in law paints, my father in law paints, my sister in law paints, my wife paints and does pottery, and I dabble a bit myself.

Interesting. I tried painting but just never could do much with it. But then I realized I seemed to do a lot better with photography anyway. :D

If a pottery studio is open around here. I know Fayetteville has one, because I've been down there once to get supplies.

There you go. Even if it was just a hobby it might be interesting to get back into. Maybe I'll buy one from you. :D

Edited by Mith242

A couple of large scale projects are in the planning stages around Fayetteville. According to Arkansas Business John Nock and Hank Broyles are planning a 350 unit subdivision at Stonebridge golf course. Everything will be priced below 250,000.

The other project sounds more interesting. It will be located off of 46th and Wedington on 30 acres. They are calling it an urbanized development. It will have 80000 sq ft of retail and approx 380 total units.

Here is the link: Fayetteville Projects

I read in today's paper that Fayetteville is planning on opening a new high school by 2011.

The schoolboard still has to vote within the next 6 months on wether the new high school will be a replacement or a second high school.

I myself would like to see Fayetteville's current High School to be sold, preferably to the UofA, so the university has more room to grow. Although, I hate to see Fayetteville's current high school go, it's probably the oldest one now, since Rogers High School Sophomore Campus is being converted (demolished), into a second high school.

Personally I would like to see a second HS in Fayetteville. I live in Fayetteville and traffic is terrible and for a student to drive from the other side of town can take awhile. I don't think a student living in a large city like this should have to drive for 45 minutes to get to HS, so I would like to see a second one built on the east side of town...in the mission/crossover area.

Personally I would like to see a second HS in Fayetteville. I live in Fayetteville and traffic is terrible and for a student to drive from the other side of town can take awhile. I don't think a student living in a large city like this should have to drive for 45 minutes to get to HS, so I would like to see a second one built on the east side of town...in the mission/crossover area.

Yeah, it might seem short-sighted to not have two.

A couple of large scale projects are in the planning stages around Fayetteville. According to Arkansas Business John Nock and Hank Broyles are planning a 350 unit subdivision at Stonebridge golf course. Everything will be priced below 250,000.

The other project sounds more interesting. It will be located off of 46th and Wedington on 30 acres. They are calling it an urbanized development. It will have 80000 sq ft of retail and approx 380 total units.

Definitely sounds interesting. I like the idea of the subdivision with condos, townhomes, and houses together. Hopefully some of that is well below $250,000. Being on a golf course probably not too much. Is that one nice?

Everyone needs to have a lot of kids so that we can populate the developments in the area. Donations of money to purchase these houses will be appreciated.

Traffic is bad for Fayetteville High School. I know because I've been on 6th street the past week during school hours and it backs up from the High school to the Interstate. May'be the school just needs to be more centrally located in Fayetteville, somewhere where traffic isn't as bad.

Sounds interesting, but I wish Nock would hurry up and focus more on the Renaissance than on other developments.

Sounds interesting, but I wish Nock would hurry up and focus more on the Renaissance than on other developments.

Yeah, it kind of seems like all of the big name developers have too much going on at once. I would rather just focus on 3 or 4 large projects and at least get them nearing completion before starting too much more. I guess I don't want to be spread that thin.

Yeah, it kind of seems like all of the big name developers have too much going on at once. I would rather just focus on 3 or 4 large projects and at least get them nearing completion before starting too much more. I guess I don't want to be spread that thin.

Yeah everyone seems to be jumping the gun and trying to do it all right now. I can understand they don't want to get left behind or be the ones who waited too long before things slow down. But I also think there might should be a little concern over trying to do too much too soon. It's hard to not imagine a lot of these people becoming overextended.

Yeah, it might seem short-sighted to not have two.

I agree completely. There will be a need for 2 in the future anyway. It is much too far if you live on the eastern side of town or county for that matter. Since Fayetteville's school district reaches to the Madison county line. That is more than a 40 minute drive even with average traffic.

What they should do is build the one on the NW side of town and open it. Then start on a new one on the East side and get it open. Then sell the old FHS to the university to recoup some of the money. Of course this will probably be too expensive but it will be needed sooner rather than later.

I agree completely. There will be a need for 2 in the future anyway. It is much too far if you live on the eastern side of town or county for that matter. Since Fayetteville's school district reaches to the Madison county line. That is more than a 40 minute drive even with average traffic.

What they should do is build the one on the NW side of town and open it. Then start on a new one on the East side and get it open. Then sell the old FHS to the university to recoup some of the money. Of course this will probably be too expensive but it will be needed sooner rather than later.

Yeah you'd think they could get a nice chunk of money from the university for that property.

I heard somewhere that they were offered something like 30 Million, but I can't remember where I heard that.

I thought that maybe I had even hear that the university would buy them some land somewhere if they'd sell their current location to them.

Edited by Mith242

My understanding is Nock has a huge land development project in the works on the order of 600-800 acres. It, too, would be neourban. Maybe this 30-acre project is the very first phase of his ultimate planned development.

I am with you, Mith. Get spread too thin and nothing gets built!

My understanding is Nock has a huge land development project in the works on the order of 600-800 acres. It, too, would be neourban. Maybe this 30-acre project is the very first phase of his ultimate planned development.

That is a different project Mzweig. The 800 acre project is off of Cato Spring and I-540. It is called Southpass. It willfeature a 200 acre regional park as well as commercial and residentail space. It should be a great project once it gets going.

Heard they just got their construction loan funded for the Renaissance and will start foundation work Friday.

Thanks for the update acx. This is wonderful news.

That is a different project Mzweig. The 800 acre project is off of Cato Spring and I-540. It is called Southpass. It willfeature a 200 acre regional park as well as commercial and residentail space. It should be a great project once it gets going.

Thanks for the info. That Nock is one bold, big thinker! I will be interested to hear more!

Heard they just got their construction loan funded for the Renaissance and will start foundation work Friday.

Cool, thanks for the info. Soon I'll have to stop by and take pics. :D

Thanks for the info. That Nock is one bold, big thinker! I will be interested to hear more!

Yeah we seem to have a few big thinkers around here. I've been very impressed with the Barber Group as well.