Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Next topic. Since the taxes for the streets passed earlier this week, it looks like some of these projects will be starting sooner than others. I am sure that everyone driving around Fayetteville has seen the blue signs posted at almost every major intersection. Saying that if you pass this tax then we will improve this area. A couple of these projects should start moving fairly soon according to the Times. The first two will be the Expressway/Economic Corridor in North Fayetteville. I am not sure what this includes, I could guess everything from the Fullbright northward to the mall (including parts of Joyce). The second project to get a quick start will be Mt Comfort from 540 to Rupple. I believe they will be widening this and improving the Interstate connection.

Other projects will have to rely on state money. These include Crossover, 15th, Garland, and Huntsville. Could be the last years of the current decade before they get a start.

Here is the article from the Times if you missed it:Street Construction in Fayetteville

Hmmm...I didn't see Gregg listed, I wonder why. I also noticed it sounds like they mention the northern part of Garland. I have heard about them widening Garland for almost a decade now and it doesn't look like they're even talking about the main section of that street yet.

Edited by Mith242

Hmmm...I didn't see Gregg listed, I wonder why. I also noticed it sounds like they mention the northern part of Garland. I have heard about them widening Garland for almost a decade now and it doesn't look like they're even talking about the main section of that street yet.

Yeah, they just mentioned basically from 540 to Howard Nickle Rd. That is a state highway right? So I don't know when it will be started from North to 540. But it needs it bad. It would also give another 5 lane way from Campus/Stadiums to the interstate.

Yeah, they just mentioned basically from 540 to Howard Nickle Rd. That is a state highway right? So I don't know when it will be started from North to 540. But it needs it bad. It would also give another 5 lane way from Campus/Stadiums to the interstate.

Yeah I had always heard about it supposedly going to be widened from the university to I-540. But that wasn't mentioned. I guess that's been put on the backburner again.

Next topic. Since the taxes for the streets passed earlier this week, it looks like some of these projects will be starting sooner than others. I am sure that everyone driving around Fayetteville has seen the blue signs posted at almost every major intersection. Saying that if you pass this tax then we will improve this area. A couple of these projects should start moving fairly soon according to the Times. The first two will be the Expressway/Economic Corridor in North Fayetteville. I am not sure what this includes, I could guess everything from the Fullbright northward to the mall (including parts of Joyce). The second project to get a quick start will be Mt Comfort from 540 to Rupple. I believe they will be widening this and improving the Interstate connection.

Other projects will have to rely on state money. These include Crossover, 15th, Garland, and Huntsville. Could be the last years of the current decade before they get a start.

Here is the article from the Times if you missed it:Street Construction in Fayetteville

The statement about the North Fay Expressway Economica Corridor is incorrect, or taken out of context. I'm sure Petrie knows that that is a way off before anything can happen, though having secured federal funds will expedite the process. They first have to study it and coordinate with AHTD and probably FHWA, which itself will take a while.

As a former resident of Fayetteville, I look forward to many of these projects which I've been waiting to see since... well in some cases since I was a kid, no joke.

Because it's already programmed through I think just state and federal money-- not part of this cost-sharing program.

Yeah I had always heard about it supposedly going to be widened from the university to I-540. But that wasn't mentioned. I guess that's been put on the backburner again.

Unless I'm seeing things, the article correctly states Garland/Hwy 112 from North St to Melmar St (just south of UA Farm), third bullet of the last bulleted list. So partly yes, it is in there, but not quite to I-540.

The statement about the North Fay Expressway Economica Corridor is incorrect, or taken out of context. I'm sure Petrie knows that that is a way off before anything can happen, though having secured federal funds will expedite the process. They first have to study it and coordinate with AHTD and probably FHWA, which itself will take a while.

As a former resident of Fayetteville, I look forward to many of these projects which I've been waiting to see since... well in some cases since I was a kid, no joke.

So it is much farther off than the Times seems to say? Is this more like 6 months or 6 years?

Thanks for the info itk.

AMC Theatres has assumed ownership of the Regal Fiesta 16 Theatres. This is AMC's first theatre in the area, although the Malco 12 Screen at the Promenade was suppose to be AMC. Aside from AMC signs, different movies, and ticket stub changes, there's not going to be a whole lot of changes.

It's odd that AMC would pick up an old theatre with so many new ones being built or planned. I guess they want to test the waters without investing too much in building a new theatre.

AMC Theatres has assumed ownership of the Regal Fiesta 16 Theatres. This is AMC's first theatre in the area, although the Malco 12 Screen at the Promenade was suppose to be AMC. Aside from AMC signs, different movies, and ticket stub changes, there's not going to be a whole lot of changes.

Well I hope they do make some changes. I've never been impressed with that theater. I've had nothing but troubles seeing movies there and gave up on it. Maybe they can have some better equipment. I couldn't believe all the times I thought hey I'll give them another shot and go see a movie only to have the audio mess up or the projector break down.

Well I hope they do make some changes. I've never been impressed with that theater. I've had nothing but troubles seeing movies there and gave up on it. Maybe they can have some better equipment. I couldn't believe all the times I thought hey I'll give them another shot and go see a movie only to have the audio mess up or the projector break down.

AMC is a pretty respectable chain. I'd expect big changes at that theatre. None structural, of course.

AMC is a pretty respectable chain. I'd expect big changes at that theatre. None structural, of course.

That's what I was thinking. Yeah I do think physically changing the theater would be out of the question. Although I do hate how they crammed all those small theaters in the building. In some of those I'd be better watching it at someone's house with a big screen tv. But I would at least hope they'd have better equipment and perhaps even upgrade the equipment. I didn't see this, are they simply taking over this theater or did they take over Regal?

Edited by Mith242

Since this will be the only AMC theatre in NWA I doubt their image will remain respectable in NWA, unless of course they did some serious remodelling of this dilapidated theatre. I also wonder if AMC will offer the student discounts that Regal offers.

Since this will be the only AMC theatre in NWA I doubt their image will remain respectable in NWA, unless of course they did some serious remodelling of this dilapidated theatre. I also wonder if AMC will offer the student discounts that Regal offers.

I don't think the actual theater is rundown, but it sure seems like some of their equipment is. My only problem with the building itself is that they tried cramming in too many theaters in that tight of a spot. Some of the screens are nice and big, but some of them are pretty small too.

I didn't see this, are they simply taking over this theater or did they take over Regal?

They are just taking over 2 theaters actually. The Fayetteville Regal 16 and the Crossroads 16 in OKC. The OKC theater has stadium seating and was build around 2000. I used to manage an 8 screen theater located right next door to the one in south OKC. I would not expect to see very many changes except in the name on the outside of the building and ticket stubs.... :angry:

They are just taking over 2 theaters actually. The Fayetteville Regal 16 and the Crossroads 16 in OKC. The OKC theater has stadium seating and was build around 2000. I used to manage an 8 screen theater located right next door to the one in south OKC. I would not expect to see very many changes except in the name on the outside of the building and ticket stubs.... :angry:

Well if that's the case then the eventual Malco will be seeing all of my business. And if the AMC has it and the Fayetteville Malco doesn't, if it's something I really want to see I'll just do what I have to do now, go up to Rogers.

Well if that's the case then the eventual Malco will be seeing all of my business. And if the AMC has it and the Fayetteville Malco doesn't, if it's something I really want to see I'll just do what I have to do now, go up to Rogers.

By the way, I drove by the new Malco theater location on Joyce and it looks like they are getting ready to start. They had some erosional barriers up and a trailer there. Hopefully this will get started within a few weeks.

By the way, I drove by the new Malco theater location on Joyce and it looks like they are getting ready to start. They had some erosional barriers up and a trailer there. Hopefully this will get started within a few weeks.

Interesting, now I can see just how big it's going to be.

Looks like some business owners are trying to change the outdoor live music ordinance here. Right now you can ask the city to allow an outdoor music event but it has to be acoustic music. I'm not sure if they are trying to change the fact of having to ask for every single event, the acoustic or both.

Looks like some business owners are trying to change the outdoor live music ordinance here. Right now you can ask the city to allow an outdoor music event but it has to be acoustic music. I'm not sure if they are trying to change the fact of having to ask for every single event, the acoustic or both.

I can hear the new ad slogan for that now... "bring your lawn chairs and kick back to some good ol' banjo pickin' and jug hootin', just don't bring none of that long hair rock n' roll music".

Damn... what year is it anyway?

I can hear the new ad slogan for that now... "bring your lawn chairs and kick back to some good ol' banjo pickin' and jug hootin', just don't bring none of that long hair rock n' roll music".

Damn... what year is it anyway?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there are neighborhoods just off of Dickson. You don't have to go very far in many areas before you get to someone's house. I know there's been complaints in the past about music being too loud down there. Maybe if they played the music earlier?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there are neighborhoods just off of Dickson. You don't have to go very far in many areas before you get to someone's house. I know there's been complaints in the past about music being too loud down there. Maybe if they played the music earlier?

They are going to allow only accostic music at On the Rocks' rooftop. It will be able to be played until 11PM. The only noise complaint they have had there was for a loud car stereo over the past year or so. Sounds like a pretty good compromise but I also thought it is kind of late in the year to start this going through the planning commission/council. Fall is pretty much here and it won't be long until it is too cold to be outside on a rooftop. Maybe they are planning for next year.

If you buy a house near Dickson you should expect it. That's about as dumb as buying a house near Highfill and complaining about airport noise.