JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be happy to set up a tour. Sadly, I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until Friday 9/7. (Going to a large trade show for meeting planners in Washington DC to promote the JW and Grand Rapids.) When I get back we will be in the middle of T-14 (14 days to opening) and everything is crazy.

Perhaps something shortly after we open?

Drove by the JW the other night on the expressway and the "JW Marriott" sign was lit up from the expressway....UN believable! We are very blessed to have the DeVos/Van Andel family in our town. We can't even fathom how blessed we are to have a JW in our downtown...

That was all just to say that unless you have an "in" I don't know how easy it will be to get a room on opening night. While I had the woman in charge of that on the phone, I should've asked if there were any rooms available for me. :D

GRDad: That sounds great. Send me a pm and I'll be happy to set something up.

Regarding Reservations:

1) The hotel opens to the public on September 21st.

2) If you're one of the lucky ones invited to the gala on Sept. 19th you do get a free room. Again, you have to be invited to stay that night.

3) Marriott.com is only working for reservations on or after October 12th I believe. Essentially, Marriott doesn't allow new hotels to sell rooms too close to opening in case they don't open on time. Most hotels don't open on time. Ours will be the first. I'm not kidding.

4) To book a room before October 12th - call the number listed above. Again, you can't stay on the 19th unless you were invited to the gala. September 21st is the day we open to the public.

Let me know if I can help with anything else! The hotel is out of this world - you will all be blown away when you come visit.

Liz

What's this? Can anyone confirm the following:

I was told by someone that the JW has been privately offering certain individuals the opportunity to buy a hotel room almost like a timeshare. For example: If you are from Chicago but are here 3-4 times/month, you can buy in to a room. Or, you can purchase one for yourself without time sharing.

Does anyone know if this is true? My understanding is that they are trying to keep this quiet. I guess that it is easier to keep your rooms filled if people live there.

What's this? Can anyone confirm the following:

I was told by someone that the JW has been privately offering certain individuals the opportunity to buy a hotel room almost like a timeshare. For example: If you are from Chicago but are here 3-4 times/month, you can buy in to a room. Or, you can purchase one for yourself without time sharing.

Does anyone know if this is true? My understanding is that they are trying to keep this quiet. I guess that it is easier to keep your rooms filled if people live there.

Did anyone else notice the way the lights were on this morning (Thursday)? The had certain room lights on so that it made the number "14". Isn't that the number of days until it opens? If you didn't see it this morning look for it tomorrow, they will most likely have a "13" tomorrow.

Did anyone else notice the way the lights were on this morning (Thursday)? The had certain room lights on so that it made the number "14". Isn't that the number of days until it opens? If you didn't see it this morning look for it tomorrow, they will most likely have a "13" tomorrow.

Archived