JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pics have been great! I especially enjoy hearing about the attention to detail - flowers that correspond to our sister cities! WOW! From the pics I'm reminded of the Radisson SAS Royal hotel in Helsinki - The furniture, the glass walls, even the carpet! It's very cool to have something modern and world class here in GR!! Can't wait for the official opening!

*fish

I got to take a private tour of the hotel a couple of weeks ago (my brother is one of the managers there) when everything was still in boxes and being assembled. It looks great now that everything is coming together! The Founders suite is absolutely gorgeous, but the most fun might be the helipad! :)

1259582744_1aa7920964_o.jpg

I was thinking that with the AGP at 682 rooms, the JW Marriott at 340 rooms, the Courtyard Marriott at 214 rooms, and the Days Inn at 175 rooms, downtown GR could have easily handled the conference we attended last week in Washington D.C., which had just short of 1000 delegates and probably used 200,000 sf of meeting space and conference rooms. There are just as many bars and restaurants within walking distance of these four hotels in GR as there were in our section of D.C. (most attendees just go to nearby bars after the daylong meetings are over). No, not as many sights to see, but most people barely had time to sightsee anyway.

Less retail in downtown GR though would be the downside. :whistling:

The fact that they are all interconnected (except Days Inn) to the convention center is also a big plus.

I just want to point out how sad it is for me that this thread is going to start winding down now. I cut my teeth as a construction photographer on this project, and as such feel quite an attachment to this building. It'll be sort of melancholy not to see it any more.

Anyway - what a difference a few months makes:

334381880_cc9b820e4d_b.jpg 1263361938_5e514f92fe_b.jpg

334359086_2f48ff3131.jpg 1262428855_942610ba85.jpg

The more I look at the new Marriott the more I love it. Sparky, those interior shots are absolutely stunning. Even though the new Marriott is not the absolute tallest building in town, it is a spectacular case of quality over quantity. With all the other great buildings being built through out DT, the Marriott is going to be the big diamond in GR's architectural crown jewels.

Hello Friends!

Sorry I've been MIA...as you can imagine, things are crazy here at the JW! But, very exciting at the same time. Ran into DRBrok last night at a networking function. It was nice to finally put a face to the name.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Let me know if any of you have questions I might be able to answer about the hotel!

Hello Friends!

Sorry I've been MIA...as you can imagine, things are crazy here at the JW! But, very exciting at the same time. Ran into DRBrok last night at a networking function. It was nice to finally put a face to the name.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Let me know if any of you have questions I might be able to answer about the hotel!

Archived