I read the article and found it a bit confusing   It states the project will start with the north tower and that phase two will include the south tower (tallest one).  When the article says north tower, is it referring to both the shorter towers?  I'm seeing three towers, yet only seeing references to two in the article.

Edited by nashville born

Can someone explain to me to what extent these developers are held to regarding compliance to original plans? Are these large projects SPECIFIC PLANS (SP’s) and if so , don’t they need to build to exactly what they were approved for and within a certain timeframe? I’m understanding that is the whole point to have a SP, to ensure the project is completed in a reasonable time and to the proposed plan. Sort of a protection to the city , that what they say is what we get. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:36 AM, markhollin said:

The North Tower is on the right in this rendering:

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 8.38.04 AM.png

Woaaaaaahh!!!

Now that's a game changer. A game changer.

That's the type of are key texture that should be all over downtown. 

Those buildings are very unique looking. They don't look anything like the old mundane generic buildings in other downtowns.

These buildings should definitely replace The Moore, Albion, Alcove, Prime, JW Marriott, Bridgestone, Pinnacle I, Pinnacle II, One22One, Four Seasons, SoBro, Hyatt Centric, 1Hotel, 505, Broadwest I.

Nashville should get rid of all of its non-generic looking buildings especially if they are glass.

Nashville should replace them with the original are key texture of northeast downtown. As in the Doubletree and Stahlmann buildings for example. Now those buildings get the juices flowing. Va va va voooom!

Edited by Argo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Woaaaaaahh!!!

Now that's a game changer. A game changer.

That's the type of are key texture that should be all over downtown. 

Those buildings are very unique looking. They don't look anything like the old mundane generic buildings in other downtowns.

These buildings should definitely replace The Moore, Albion, Alcove, Prime, JW Marriott, Bridgestone, Pinnacle I, Pinnacle II, One22One, Four Seasons, SoBro, Hyatt Centric, 1Hotel, 505, Broadwest I.

Nashville should get rid of all of its non generic looking buildings especially if they are glass.

Nashville should replace them with the original are key texture of northeast downtown. As in the Doubletree and Stahlmann buildings for example. Now those buildings get the juices flowing. Va va va voooom!

Agreed! I love that these Vancouver developers are incorporating the Vancouverism architecture at the base of the project to really engage the street at a human scale! I hope they do more work throughout Nashville in the future. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/16/2024 at 4:34 PM, NashRugger said:

Damn, they could've at least rendered better traffic poles than the garbage that's there now. 🤣

Yeah, the traffic lights with their supporting beams have been there since the Inner Loop was first built over 50 years ago. It's not just Church Street but Broadway, Demonbreun Street and Charlotte all need their traffic lights replaced.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Those comments make me a bit nervous about this project ever delivering completely.

They really do.

Boy, oh boy.

At least he's being forthright about what has been causing so much turbulence over the past few years.

Edited by Argo
  • Haha 2

• markhollin changed the title to 1401 Church (47 stories/522'; 35, 26, and 7 stories, at least 1,150 residential units, 70,000 sq. ft. retail on 3 acres)