Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

I wonder if the ripple effect of the Centene news here, in some way stalls or cancels or re-sequences Queensbridge Collective?  I know this is a wholly distinct project, but the Centene cancellation is spurring even more national conversation on corporate real estate needs.  Would Queensbridge move forward, residential-only?

3 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Given that US Bank is pursuing 4:1 and they currently have a 3:2, and from what I understand they have a consequence model for not showing up, I suspect their plans for this tower haven’t changed. 

Edit: height may change, but not US Banks presence here. They need space and have to move out of their current space.

No shot US Bank considers the Centene space?  Is the bank that committed to Uptown/South end?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, FLOSC843 said:

Drove by this morning and the merging lane for S. College st was closed. There were also cones stacked and lined along the sidewalk of the cabaret. It's possible College was already closed and I just never noticed although I couldn't locate anything on the city's website. However, this and the fact it's Midnight's last weekend makes me wonder if we're about to see prep work start (or it could be wishful thinking). No luck finding info on the club's last day of operation but with construction planned for the end of the year, I imagine it'd be in the near future.  

The start of College St right at South Tryon was open again this morning 

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

It’s a hopeful signal that Midnight is moving soon but I still don’t expect to see major construction here until early next year.   Fencing & building demolition will probably occur in the next 2 months but major excavation and grading will probably be early next year.  It’ll be interesting to see the Crescent site across the street start as well in the next 6 months.  

Awesome!  Are you an insider on both projects?  You speak with so much conviction on start times and sequence…

Edited by RANYC
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, JeanClt said:

Not to mention how US Bank wants to be more visible… (rail trail) In the university area it would be tucked away. so it would be very weird for a bank to have an office at a research park. Not impossible but very off.

It would exceptionally risky from a recruiting perspective. Banks with a smaller workforce here thrive off pilfering talent from BofA and Wells. No managing director from Wells who lives in Myers Park or Dilworth is going to want to schlep up there 4 days a week if they move over to US Bank.

• Like 4

Question based on thought from Bruco comment above: If you were a top hire/manager for a tech/financial company hired for Charlotte and you wanted to stay in a hotel for some months prior to final decision on housing, which hotel would it be? These new 5+1 apartments are not substantial for your station thus the hotel choice. Thoughts?

Where does 37 floors fall height wise?  600ft, but less than 700ft?

BofA tower is 33 stories and 632 ft. Really just depends on the crown I think. It could scratch 600 ft. Also is it 37 stories of office on top of a podium or overall. (Podium isn’t office it’s parking). if the former there’s a boost.

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=536
  • Like 2

BofA tower is 33 stories and 632 ft. Really just depends on the crown I think. It could scratch 600 ft. Also is it 37 stories of office on top of a podium or overall. (Podium isn’t office it’s parking). if the former there’s a boost.

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=536

I agree, I want to put a guess that it will come just over 600’ (like 608’-612’).

I love SkyscraperPage! I’ve been referencing that website since like 2006!!
I am hearing new renderings next week hopefully not a full redesign but a tweaking.  I love the design of this and if it a few floors shorter than first thought that is still fine. 

I’ll be curious to know what they changed when those are published. Definitely agree though.
  • Like 4