Pearl District - Atrium/Wake Forest School of Medicine

Desert Power

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the link below to the official press release from Atrium for those that can't access BizJournal. Likely wasn't picked up by media for a few days due to the holiday (bad timing by Atrium PR). 

"Siemens Healthineers will provide medical imaging technology, support curriculum development and enhance the overall educational experience for the surgeons and their teams who visit the new medical learning center of excellence. "

"Siemens Healthineers is also co-developing curricula and providing education support for the duration of the relationship and will also provide the latest hybrid operating room technology. This includes the ARTIS icono biplane and ARTIS pheno interventional angiography X-ray units, the Cios Spin 3D-capable mobile C-arm, the SOMATOM Edge Plus CT scanner and the MAGNETOM Free.Max wide-bore MRI scanner."

https://atriumhealth.org/about-us/newsroom/news/2023/07/siemens-healthineers-joins-atrium-health-and-ircad-north-america

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You have to love Clt!

989AD35B-5425-4263-9FBA-380B155942D7.jpeg

Wake Forest University School of Medicine will receive medical imaging technology and curriculum development from Siemens Healthineers.

“We will support the launch of this globally recognized medical education center that will provide the latest in surgical training,” said Siemens Healthineers President and Head of the Americas, Dave Pacitti.

Siemens Healthineers uses AI and other technologies for its work in imaging and surgery, including cancer care. The collaboration with Atrium is a step in Siemens Healthineers’ goal to improve workforce training in the medical field.

Siemens Healthineers will provide the medical school with the latest surgical technology, creating a hybrid human and robotic operating room, using robotics to increase efficiency, according to the company.

The international surgical training institute, IRCAD, will establish its North American headquarters in The Pearl with a research tower.

The organization provides training in cardiovascular, neuro- and orthopedic surgeries.

D47F6CE2-57FD-428F-A143-C5E3C0E437CE.jpeg

The Pearl’ of Midtown

Located between Baxter and McDowell streets in Midtown, The Pearl is expected to create more than 11,500 jobs, some of which will not require a college degree, according to its website. The name is an homage to Charlotte’s largest Black neighborhood, Brooklyn, said Atrium Health.

In the 1950s, approximately 1,000 families were displaced and more than 200 businesses and 12 churches were destroyed due to urban renewal. The remaining Brooklyn landmark, Pearl Street Park, remains a community gathering place.

The district’s medical school and IRCAD research tower, Phase I of the project, will total 600,000 square feet, according to The Pearl’s website. The med school will seat its first class in 2024, Atrium said.

image.png.f3b207ac74598790d742fddd5d088744.png

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Definitely moving at lightning fast pace.  Both buildings (18 & 10 story I think) could be topped out by years end at this pace if they continue at roughly 2 floors per month.

I’m confused. I thought this building was changed and was no longer 18 stories? 

On 7/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, JorgiPorgi said:

I’m confused. I thought this building was changed and was no longer 18 stories? 

I honestly don’t think anyone truly knows.  The original Tower was supposed to be 18 Stories (700K sf) but is now under construction at 600K sf so maybe it’ll top out at 14/15 Story.  Either way it’ll be commanding views in this location.  Already making an above the tree line impact as seen from I-277.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Here's what was approved so far. 

15 Floors, 260' Center of Education – 356,000 square feet of space
10 Floors, 189' 6" Research Building – 318,000 square feet of space

1124 parking spots serve the two buildings.

Wow - I guess someone does know….lol

• Haha 1