Station East (1,400 residential units, 600 hotel rooms, 1.2 million sq. ft. office, 225,000 sq. ft. retail; numerous 15-30 story towers on 18 acres)

markhollin

If this station east project gets built it would be a small business district on the east bank and expand nashvlle's skyline. Also, this project would help increase the vehicle traffic to east bank. Oracle is the centerpiece of the east bank, because it's going to be thousands of people working at oracle and that's going to bring alot of vehicle traffic, so it's going to be a need for housing, restaurants, grocery stores, hotels, and retail stores on the east bank because of all the people working  for oracle. If this station east project gets built it would be good for the east bank it would make the east bank better

• Like 3

I just love what the East Bank is shaping up to be and I think it’ll be one of the nicest parts of Nashville to go to once it’s all built out. The highrises, the stadium, but also the shorter landings area will be just a really great mix, especially with TopGolf and the new ped bridge mixed in. The shorter area I think is a nice transition and gives a nice neighborhood feel that I think will all come together in a brilliant way! It’ll really feel the least Nashville part of Nashville and like it’s own city and definitely seem like the most “big city” part of Nashville IMO. It’s really excited though to see this incredibly large area all come together with redevelopment. It’ll be great to see this tie in with East Nash and the Dickerson Pike corridor when all is said and done. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Deangelo said:

If this station east project gets built it would be a small business district on the east bank and expand nashvlle's skyline. Also, this project would help increase the vehicle traffic to east bank. Oracle is the centerpiece of the east bank, because it's going to be thousands of people working at oracle and that's going to bring alot of vehicle traffic, so it's going to be a need for housing, restaurants, grocery stores, hotels, and retail stores on the east bank because of all the people working  for oracle. If this station east project gets built it would be good for the east bank it would make the east bank better

I think a lot of the timing of this had to do with the location of the Spine Rd to deal with the traffic flow. A lot of that was sort of up in the air. Brett & Freddie touched on that a little last Saturday and just said that all parties including CSX were at the table having meaningful conversations. I hold out hope for the CSX bridge issue to be resolved at some point. That will fix a lot of the problems with the Spine Road. Also, the grant being reapplied for, for the bridge study across the Cumberland will hopefully be approved this time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colemangaines said:

You can ride Davidson Street > Shelby Bottoms Greenway > Stones River Greenway > Percy Priest Dam. It's an excellent ride. I highly recommend giving it a try either by bike or e-bike on a nice day.

Yes.  I’ve done that ride many times.   The segment through Stones River Bend Park is incredible.  

• Like 3

If you do the ride from Cheatham Dam to the Ted Rhodes Golf Course, it is about 27 miles. However, you do need a hybrid bike because the trail from the dam to the rail to trail in Ashland City is a dirt path. Ther is a bike lane most of the way and you have to be creative in a few areas and be careful going through the 2-lane portion of AC Hwy & down Clarksville Pike. I have not ridden in a while but when I did, I took River Trace Road instead of AC HWY to avoid the big hill. It is also a nice ride along the river.

So, if you add the 27 to the 31 plus the Cumberland River Greenway to Madsion let's say which is another 4 miles. that gets you to around 62-miles one way.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...