Station East (1,400 residential units, 600 hotel rooms, 1.2 million sq. ft. office, 225,000 sq. ft. retail; numerous 15-30 story towers on 18 acres)

markhollin

1 hour ago, PruneTracy said:

I realize me answering a question directed to @MidTenn1 is much like your server asking "Is Pepsi OK?"

The height of the JRP bridge as it crosses the CSX spur on the east bank is about 470 feet ASL. Ground level underneath the bridge is level at about 417 feet ASL.

Typically TDOT wants to see a max grade of 8% on this roadway type (multi-lane arterial). That means you need about 660 feet to run out the elevation difference, and we need to add about 240 feet for the vertical curves on each end. So 900 feet to get down to ground level, which puts you at about 100 feet east of what would be the intersection with First Street. So First Street would need to be raised slightly to make that connection.

Note also that although the ADA has an exception for sidewalks adjacent to roadways, to be ADA compliant the max grade would have to be 5% or less. This would make the distance needed to come down from bridge level about 1,250 feet, which is right about where Second Street is. This may be why the graphic @Bos2Nashposted mentions Second Street as a connection but not First.

Thanks for the breakdown. ADA was definitely something that came to mind for me. Woodland is not very friendly at all. If I recall a certain engineer on this board saying, I believe the Boulevard alignment will be 2nd Ave (which again changes the layout of Station East) and would make sense for the proposed rebuild outlined above.

The mess is the fact that Metro has still not funded the elephant in the room. The CSX factor is another question, the bridge design and process of JRP are all still unanswered at this point in the game. I realize they are working on this but again questions. Also, the State has yet to fully weighed in on what their plans are for Ellington/Spring and I-65 are going to be as that is part of the fix or lack thereof. That is going to take years! 

All I am saying is the infrastructure should have already started guys. You have three major projects, The Titans Stadium, Oracle, and RMR all basically ready to go with not one shovel being turned for Metros part. Preliminary permits are being applied for the Titans stadium; Demo permits have been finished for RMR; and Demo permits are being done for Oracle. That is not to mention all of the other projects announced on the East Bank. Is the infrastructure in place for those projects?

I am unsure what the timeline was supposed to be on the spine road or was to have been. Maybe Craig can put some clarity on that as well. We know the Juvenile Court facility is probably at three years away from moving too. So, the Spine Road will probably not even be starting till well after the Titans stadium is open or close to opening. What is the timeline of TPAC? Where is it going? When do they have to be out of their current facility?

Lots of questions need to be answered and lots of work needs to be done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. The infrastructure should already been started, it’s the glue that will hold this whole area together. Seems like Metro or whoever that’s responsible for organizing this shabang isn’t holding up to their promises and we will not see anything transpiring on the East Bank of any substantial building until this plays out. All those fancy renderings and studies don’t mean squat until Metro and TDOT step up to their responsibilities, and we all know as mentioned that can be in the next decade. So the likelihood of that shiny new stadium siting in no man’s land is pretty high right now 

• 3 months later...