Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

1 hour ago, Shakman said:

That is caisson work.  The site could have at least two tower cranes.

That's my thought - at least two - dunno if it would have three -- that's probably REALLY pushing it. Still, it's going to be an awfully big complex. The footprint is huge. Man - it would be SOOOOO amazing if this project ended up with three tower cranes. Not holding my breath for three - but always hopeful.

Edited by I miss RVA

38 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Thanks for posting these!  Not having a webcam is KILLING me!  Periodic photos are extremely encouraged!  You’re awesome for doing this!!

image.jpeg.8cb44a00fe45c5751af187d52f4a9b3e.jpeg on this!!! I'd add - that @ancientcarpenter's yeoman efforts are fully SILVER HARDWARE worthy!  That said, Ancient - make room in your trophy case -- you'll be toting home some rather large silverware. (Hopefully your wife will let you bring it in the house, my friend!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I snapped a photo too, wasn’t able to see what it is doing but it’s gotta be a good milestone :) 

B0FEE1F4-5CBD-4FB1-8DF9-B3F52323344E.jpeg

Nice shot!!  It’s really tall, but it doesn’t look like one of the cranes used to assemble tower cranes.  Hmmmm…just has me guessing.  Maybe it has something to do with lowering rebar assemblies into the caisson holes for the foundation. Just a guess. 

It’s weird, but I think the tower crane assemblers have made a mistake or something has gone wrong. There were parts of the crane assembled, but now they’ve disassembled the cab and the part that goes above the cab. Never seen this happen before.  It’s as if there has been no progress made today in getting the crane set up.  They’re running out of daylight today, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.  Not a good start to going vertical!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eandslee said:

It’s weird, but I think the tower crane assemblers have made a mistake or something has gone wrong. There were parts of the crane assembled, but now they’ve disassembled the cab and the part that goes above the cab. Never seen this happen before.  It’s as if there has been no progress made today in getting the crane set up.  They’re running out of daylight today, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.  Not a good start to going vertical!

What was Keith Jackson's most famous catch phrase back in the day? "Whoaaaaaaaa nellie, there's a FUMMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLE!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1