The Coronavirus thread

2 hours ago, nicholas said:

All summer classes at UNCC to be online now.  Hopefully it increases the likelihood that we will be going back on campus in the fall, because I have to take some classes this summer, and online sucks.  <_<

I worked on my mscs online and boy did it stink. I personally don't mind work from home however.

I still don’t understand how these “stay at home” laws are supposed to work. Are the cops supposed to pull everybody over? Couldn’t somebody just lie to a cop if they did get pulled over? Honestly, I feel like the whole thing is a joke and illegal. Personally, I will not be staying home. I have no desire to give up my Constitutional rights. 

Edited by gman430
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I still don’t understand how these “stay at home” laws are supposed to work. Are the cops supposed to pull everybody over? Couldn’t somebody just lie to a cop if they did get pulled over? Honestly, I feel like the whole thing is a joke and illegal. Personally, I will not be staying home. I have no desire to give up my Constitutional rights. 

Please stop trolling/spamming. This is the 10th time you repeated the same thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, CLT2014 said:

The government already is following the Constitution regarding quarantine procedures. The federal government isn't restricting movement and has delegated police powers to the states to make a decision on a state by state basis via the 10th Amendment to the Constitution "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Essentially, states can make any law so long as they don't violate rights protected by the Constitution. If a State Constitution is more restrictive with regards to quarantine, then it may be illegal at the state level. So they can quarantine you, but they can't violate the 1st Amendment and force you to pray for healing to a state religion or prohibit you from complaining about your quarantine on the internet. They can't come and search your house without a warrant during the quarantine. They can't then try to charge you for a crime without a jury. Nowhere in the Constitution is the freedom to dine out at an Applebee's protected at the Federal level against a law that a state could pass. The 10th Amendment has its root in English common law and as the "police powers" amendment, the US Supreme Court has upheld this Amendment giving states and local authorities the rights to govern for the health, welfare, and safety of their citizens. If citizens do not like how their representatives are handling that well being, then they are free to vote for somebody else who would promise to never quarantine when there are plagues. That's the people's right for electing representatives at the local and state level. 

For some reason a rumor was created that the Constitution = "I get to do whatever I want, whenever I want." No. 

Oh I know. That was a rhetorical question that I knew he wouldn't be able to answer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TCLT said:

Oh I know. That was a rhetorical question that I knew he wouldn't be able to answer.

I hope it didn't say anywhere in there that I cannot have my 10 machine guns and thousands of rounds of Kevlar penetrating bullets.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:58 AM, kermit said:

I can’t find today’s chart but NC DHHS reports 354 hospitalizations today (and 3,221 total DIAGNOSED cases -- this number is certain to be 10-100 times higher due to testing shortage) so we have resumed our upwards trajectory. The decline on Saturday and Sunday was just a weekend burp (likely a data artifact), not a trend.

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/covid-19-nc-case-count

Relatively small increase in hospitalizations today (up to 386 from 354 yesterday). 

3,426 diagnoses (again, undertesting makes this is a nearly meaningless stat).

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/covid-19-nc-case-count#county-map

Edited by kermit

10 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Maybe the Infowars forum might entertain your conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great news: latest IHME death projection has dropped again. The stay at home orders and social distancing are working just like the experts said they would. Again, these projections are if we continue full mitigation efforts through the entire month of May. That remains to be seen.

73C2D739-C979-4B7D-8B06-00679E409AA3.png

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

Have a god time at the Hobby Lobby! #bebest

• Like 4

The coronavirus death toll in the United States reached 14,817 on Wednesday evening after an increase of 1,922 deaths today -- the largest rise of fatalities in a single day yet.

The US has recorded more than 432,000 confirmed infections -- more than any other country.

Edited by gman430

The CDC has traced Chicago's coronavirus outbreak to just *two* family gatherings. 

The new case study, one of the most detailed looks at how covid-19 moves through communities, shows how just one person can set off a chain reaction of infections. LINK

THIS is why doing your part in social distancing is so important. You’re actually making a difference. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1