Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

Mr_Bond

41 minutes ago, OnePointEast said:

How long before things go back to normalcy? Like restaurants reopened and the likes.

Really depends on the rate of spread in the community but I don’t thin’ there will be a loosening of restrictions until sometime into May at the earliest.  There’s been tremendous damage to the economy and social distancing will continue on in certain ways.

3 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Antioch assessment center ready to open:(

DSC_3018-693.thumb.jpg.d6a0001a61b598958d9b0935fcee6d17.jpg

DSC_3023-698.thumb.jpg.6abd6811d793e59187904695b8619893.jpg

This assessment Center in Antioch is one of those drive thru Coronavirus Testing sites?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, deletethisaccount said:

Yeah, walk around my neighborhood downtown on broadway with only crackhead zombies walking around. Been doing that for 2 weeks straight and TRUST ME IT AIN'T HELPING.

Hell, walking around Percy Warner with my dog over and over and over has not helped an once.

Please ban this account and all of it's postings. Thanks.

Someone point me to a mod who can perform my request of full account and post deletion. Thanks.

yoda-quote-path-to-the-darkside-696x365.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deletethisaccount said:

Whatever mod is watching should probably just ban me, since none of you can see the light anyway.

I'll stop providing HQ images of all the downtown projects. Because who cares. You people turned our once thriving city into a crack-head zombie ghost town.

People are trying to engage you in an actual conversation and you're just freaking out and running away.  So... good talk.  

• Like 3

@deletethisaccount was making 2 valid points:

1) people will die, due to shutting down the economy

2) the younger generation will have to pay for this

Both points are absolutely true, so why did everyone have to go on the offensive? I don't blame him for losing his composure. I hope he stays, he is a valuable member of our group, and this blasting everyone on here is not productive for our forum

Chill people.... 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Both points are absolutely true, so why did everyone have to go on the offensive? I don't blame him for losing his composure. I hope he stays, he is a valuable member of our group, and this blasting everyone on here is not productive for our forum

Chill people.... 

As many people, including myself have pointed out in our exchanges with him, I'm not sure any of us even disagree with the over-arching point he's making.  I mean, it kind of goes without saying that the economic impact of this will not be good, and yes, many people will be impacted negatively.  There is a conversation to be had, no doubt, about how far we take this and how best to balance it.  But he refuses to have that conversation and instead insists on hurling insults at those who dare ask him simple questions and damning people to hell for the crime of disagreeing with his assertion that infectious disease experts are not to be trusted with regard to infectious disease.  I don't mean to speak for other posters here, but it is that behavior, I think, which some of us here rightly find objectionable.  I'm sure we all appreciate his past contributions to this forum and would rather he not leave, but in this particular scenario, I think it's clear which of the apples in this bunch is sour. 

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Chill people.... 

Yeah, you're kind of leaving out the part where he accused people that weren't in lock step with his views of endorsing economic destruction and saying they will pay for their sins. 

I agree that some people went on the offensive to an extent, but a lot of people had very reasonable and rational points to raise, to which he just dismissed as being stupid, ill-informed, too far gone, or again, as endorsing the destruction of the country. I think he used about half of the logical fallacy arguments in just one day of posting.

I'm normally one to discourage the use of drugs, but dude really needs to just smoke a bowl and relax.

• Like 4

Business owners flooded Nashville-based Pinnacle Bank with 4,000 applications for emergency loans in a four-day span — seeking $1.1 billion of do-or-die funding as they scrape and claw to keep their companies afloat amid the catastrophic economic shutdown sparked by the coronavirus.

President and CEO Terry Turner called the surge "wildly exponential" compared to the regular flow of loans that Pinnacle, which is the region's largest bank based on local deposits, normally handles. "Our whole bank's portfolio is $19 billion in loans, so to take $1 billion or so in about a day is a pretty extraordinary thing."

The stunning burst of loan requests that Pinnacle (Nasdaq: PNFP) and other area banks are seeing is a fresh indicator of the distress facing business owners who are navigating the COVID-19 pandemic.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/04/07/nashvilles-biggest-bank-blitzed-by-desperate.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

President and CEO Terry Turner called the surge "wildly exponential" compared to the regular flow of loans that Pinnacle, which is the region's largest bank based on local deposits, normally handles. "Our whole bank's portfolio is $19 billion in loans, so to take $1 billion or so in about a day is a pretty extraordinary thing."

Buy gold.   This is just getting started folks, and it ends with the dollar losing a lot of value.

• Like 2

I know this isn't development related....but Nashville lost one of it's best voices tonight.  This is what I wrote on my Facebook page:

R.I.P. John Prine, who passed away at age 73 this evening from the hated Coronavirus. A beloved member of the Nashville music community for the past 3 decades, John got his start in his hometown Chicago in the late 60s, and released 18 critically acclaimed albums in the half century since, earning several Grammys along the way.  I was fortunate to see him a handful of times, including those early days at the Earl of Old Town in the Windy City. I count myself blessed that I got to share a meal with him at a humble little Italian joint on Belcourt Avenue here in Smashville back in the 90s.  His ode to the elderly, released on his very first record in 1971, carries particular weight in these perilous days…especially for those who are vulnerable and oft-forgotten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhA01J0Zsg

• Sad 9

40 minutes ago, markhollin said:

I know this isn't development related....but Nashville lost one of it's best voices tonight.  This is what I wrote on my Facebook page:

R.I.P. John Prine, who passed away at age 73 this evening from the hated Coronavirus. A beloved member of the Nashville music community for the past 3 decades, John got his start in his hometown Chicago in the late 60s, and released 18 critically acclaimed albums in the half century since, earning several Grammys along the way.  I was fortunate to see him a handful of times, including those early days at the Earl of Old Town in the Windy City. I count myself blessed that I got to share a meal with him at a humble little Italian joint on Belcourt Avenue here in Smashville back in the 90s.  His ode to the elderly, released on his very first record in 1971, carries particular weight in these perilous days…especially for those who are vulnerable and oft-forgotten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhA01J0Zsg

This is so sad. And I feel really sorry for his son, whom I knew personally because we went to the same high school together here.

• Like 1

The popularly cited UW model just dropped to 60k deaths nationwide. It went from 500k to 250k to 100k to 80k to 60k in a span of a week. So it probably drops again. It HAD been counting social distancing, so this is just a matter of the most popular model making bad assumptions or miscalculations - maybe on its spread-ability or how many asymptomatic cases there are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

The popularly cited UW model just dropped to 60k deaths nationwide. It went from 500k to 250k to 100k to 80k to 60k in a span of a week. So it probably drops again. It HAD been counting social distancing, so this is just a matter of the most popular model making bad assumptions or miscalculations - maybe on its spread-ability or how many asymptomatic cases there are.

Often these sorts of estimates will be worst-case-but-still-feasible situations, and rightfully so. It's much better to plan accordingly for more cases than you end up having than to have more cases than you planned for. The numbers will continue to fluctuate, and could go down substantially, but they could also go back up as the models improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

I wonder if these people feel good about enforcing single serve margaritas vs pitcher margaritas at this time?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/money/2020/04/08/tennessee-cracks-down-curbside-and-delivery-alcohol-sales-violations/2960673001/

This may explain why my latest margarita came in a tiny sealed mason jar......

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DDIG said:

One thing that I heard that I found interesting is that the earlier models assumed that only 50% of Americans would actually practice social distancing, but it turns out 90%+ are actually making a good effort. So I guess they just assumed that most Americans would take it even less seriously than they did, and plotted more along the lines of a worst case scenario.

• Like 4