Beacon Partners- LoSo Station

CarolinaDaydreamin

Again back to presenting the information in a way that is agreeable to the average intelligence (or better yet below average) person. All you need to do is have public support and things would go beautifully.

I think you didn’t catch the point I tried to make there. (I say the following because of the contents in your reply) In no disrespect to you, to put it simply: Some people just do not care despite the facts presented to them in any manner. I’m referring to unfounded stubbornness. To actually get people behind it you can’t just “dumb it down” but instead manipulate the thoughts of others. As sad and conniving as that sounds that is how you get “below average intelligence” to cooperate because they can’t think for themselves and would rather keep what already exists (I don’t speak for all but those that usually don’t even attempt to listen are the ones I’m referring to). These individuals tend to avoid risks and uncertainty or put forth effort to understand the implications of an idea. Another reason is someone of high intelligence doing that exact method of manipulation to sustain the status quo because they see it fit to keep it. If and when they finally experience the negative affects that the idea tried to solve and another exposes the manipulation, then they feel betrayed. In reality, that manipulation is a construct of their apathy and negligence to think about the benefits of a decision/idea.

I wish people would think for themselves, I really do. Whether critical thinking is innate or learned I cannot say and some opinions and wants need to give way for at least some compromise for things to work out at all or even “beautifully” as you said. More so, I just see all or nothing people and die on that hill stubbornness (the good and the bad kind). The worst kind to try and comprise with and that is the main issue with people.

Tbh not sure how that sounds lol. I’m not sure if that was too serious or not, but it is evident in certain cases that some people will not listen and instead shut other ideas out. Typically this would be considered a conservative point of view and it is, but can also be due to selfish or irrational people. I think I’m going into a rant so I’ll cut it off before it gets too long. (In this I am trying to provide insight based on my observations and knowledge. If anyone feels differently I look forward to see what you may have seen).

Facts are facts though, density/transit (pedestrian focus) generally should be the future. These concepts are the most efficient and sustainable use of land. Especially if we seek to preserve the future for those that come after.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kermit said:

I dunno, I think you guys are misinterpreting the criticism a bit. While the developers are certainly analyzing the bejezzus out of the project and its anticipated returns two years in the future, the developer cashes out quickly leaving the residents of the neighborhood stuck with those short-term decisions for decades.  Since the building will continue to be a part of the neighborhood long after the developer walks away someone needs to speak up about its long-term shortcomings and how those value engineering decisions will impact the community. Ideally the city would have regulations in place that do this but since this is Charlotte… 

It’s not as though private development isn’t adding ground floor retail to the neighborhood.  It’s happening in a few locations on both sides of South.  It happens to not be happening at this particular site which used to be a car-oriented burger joint, that will now become hundreds of dwelling units for that most essential of human activities, habitation.  Dwelling units that will feed emerging retail and other uses elsewhere in LOSO. 

Guess I’m just not as negative on a density of residential coming to an area that’s only just becoming something other than classic, surface lot, sprawling suburbia.

Edited by RANYC

On 6/20/2022 at 11:19 AM, wilmore said:

Classic stuff from our local urbanist "experts" who have no actual role in the process, besides getting some leaks from developers and posting it. 

aweeee someones big mad they are irrelevant and dont know what they are talking about :(

Edited by CLTProductions
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Wow that looks like a very comprehensive project.  I wonder how it compares in scale with Beacon’s Project across the street?  Also - there was some Public/Private Partnership/Funding for Beacons Project if I’m not mistaken.  

Inlivian has a site for affordable housing building on the back street on the LoSo project near the new apartments there.  That is the only public private partnership I know of other than commitment to keep some parking available for park and rider users of the LYNX

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any word on this lot? I saw some movement going on here, and the construction fencing is gone. Or is this just from them wrapping up construction on the other side of the street of the two office buildings? 

29B23AF1-A215-4EDD-87C9-3EB046398F3D.jpeg

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...