Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Madison, Mississippi (just north of Jackson) has strict building standards... in particular to the fast food chains, convenience stores, and... cell towers (last pic). It's a beautiful city (equivalent in size to Brentwood) with fantastic restaurants. Can be a model for Nashville in a lot of ways in particular areas of town. 

image.jpeg.7d834c7039a85b974335d183afc1b839.jpeg

image.jpeg.6920973139cc6156866bb2a4b7c0f4ad.jpeg

Madison, MS : Wendy's Restaurant at Colony Crossing photo, picture, image ( Mississippi) at city-data.com

image.jpeg.e42f50e93f9868aa5789e1a6bd0d9b5b.jpeg

1029 Highway 51 N, Madison, MS 39110 - Madison Market | LoopNet.com

Taco Bell | Madison - Benson

image.jpeg.3973701b344f3394ac4a1e07b33d6659.jpeg

Bomb threat at Madison Wal-Mart

I have cousins in Madison. The main problem when comparing Madison to Brentwood is that Madison sits in the Jackson metro (compared to Nashville). I’m not sure if you’ve been to Jackson lately, but it’s nearly third world.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, natethegreat said:

I have cousins in Madison. The main problem when comparing Madison to Brentwood is that Madison sits in the Jackson metro (compared to Nashville). I’m not sure if you’ve been to Jackson lately, but it’s nearly third world.

Did not know Madison was in the Jackson metro. The Brentwood comparison was mainly for distance comparisons between downtown Nashville -> Brentwood and downtown Jackson -> Madison, as well as the very good schools in Madison/Ridgeland. 

I do think Jackson has a lot of potential, but is held back in part by same issues some people use to describe Memphis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Did not know Madison was in the Jackson metro. The Brentwood comparison was mainly for distance comparisons between downtown Nashville -> Brentwood and downtown Jackson -> Madison, as well as the very good schools in Madison/Ridgeland. 

I do think Jackson has a lot of potential, but is held back in part by same issues some people use to describe Memphis. 

Trust me, I'm on the same page. Jackson is significantly worse than Memphis, which is disappointing because my extended family is from the area. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2