Go Gators!

dcluley98

Fun Fact: UCF outsells Miami in specialty license plates. UM’s support doesn’t seem all that deep and they’ve long been behind on facilities. Again, daddy-in-law of the coach may fix all that, but for how long? They’ve also had administrators for years who just wished athletics would go away. That always struck me as odd given Donna Shalala came from Wisconsin, but she was hardly the only one.

23 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Fun Fact: UCF outsells Miami in specialty license plates. UM’s support doesn’t seem all that deep and they’ve long been behind on facilities. Again, daddy-in-law of the coach may fix all that, but for how long? They’ve also had administrators for years who just wished athletics would go away. That always struck me as odd given Donna Shalala came from Wisconsin, but she was hardly the only one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Cristobal

click on this and scroll down to the new section entitled something like Cristobal out-recruiting Billy Napier.  I cannot believe Miami fans have a section in there about this BS from a week ago.  Unbelievable.  It's almost as if some college freshman wrote this.  I went to the Wiki page to see who his father in law was and instead found this dribble.

Yep, looks like a UM homie wrote that. It will take a while, but either a Wiki editor or a Gator with editing privileges should clean that up before too long. Wiki can get very interesting when a topic is hot until it settles down. Company PR types also pull moves like that until someone complains.

18 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Yep, looks like a UM homie wrote that. It will take a while, but either a Wiki editor or a Gator with editing privileges should clean that up before too long. Wiki can get very interesting when a topic is hot until it settles down. Company PR types also pull moves like that until someone complains.

it's just amazing. it's like all the bad press UM got must have really hit close to home.

1 minute ago, jrs2 said:

it's just amazing. it's like all the bad press UM got must have really hit close to home.

They really try to take it out on UCF on our discussion boards as well. A lot of schools, I’ve found, that were once great, have difficulty accepting they’ve fallen from grace.

so, UF signed another couple 4star players last week, on offense.  nobody really knows this because of all that bad press about Rashada, etc. , from 2-3 weeks back.  Since then, UF has signed 4-5 4star players...but the media is mum about it...

they only like juicy stories...

it's all good.  UF is gonna have to sneak up on a couple people this year...

• Like 1

Dennis Dodd at CBS Sports is reporting on Twitter that the SEC is standing pat. If the B1G is similarly content (for now) with USC and UCLA, things may slow down a bit.

Meanwhile, BIg XII media days are getting started in TX, so it will be interesting to hear if there’s any chatter on the Four Corners schools.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I think SEC Media Daze just happened.  Napes is good at answering the questions he feels necessary to answer...regardless of what's asked...

Indeed, he did fine but of course the Lane Train was the most entertaining. When asked, Saban said he had a great deal of respect for Gus except “those two or three games that didn’t go the right way.”

29 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Indeed, he did fine but of course the Lane Train was the most entertaining. When asked, Saban said he had a great deal of respect for Gus except “those two or three games that didn’t go the right way.”

...that he is...

Kirby Smart wants to move FL-GA game out of Jax again via his comments at SEC Media Days.

Will Jax pull one more rabbit out of their hat?

Btw, who now has the highest paid* coach in college football at a public university? Those da*n Dawgs….

* For the moment - Saban and Swinney have clauses in their contracts so they stay on top with Kirby.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kirby-smart-contract-georgia-boss-becomes-highest-paid-coach-at-public-university-with-10-year-extension/

From CBS Sports 

Edited by spenser1058

It seems Kirby ain’t the only one who’s less than thrilled about playing in the stadium fka the Gator Bowl.

Coach Deion Sanders is miffed about B-CU’s decision to move its game with Jackson State to Jax instead of playing at Daytona Stadium.

Poor Gator Bowl - ain’t it bad enough they’re stuck with the Jags as their primary tenant…

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/sports/college/football/2022/07/21/swac-media-day-deion-sanders-rips-decision-move-bethune-cookman-jackson-state-game-jacksonville/10111109002/

From The News Journal 

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Kirby Smart wants to move FL-GA game out of Jax again via his comments at SEC Media Days.

Will Jax pull one more rabbit out of their hat?

Btw, who now has the highest paid* coach in college football at a public university? Those da*n Dawgs….

* For the moment - Saban and Swinney have clauses in their contracts so they stay on top with Kirby.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/kirby-smart-contract-georgia-boss-becomes-highest-paid-coach-at-public-university-with-10-year-extension/

From CBS Sports 

Hmmm.  they always revisit that issue to create drama every few years.  I'm sure UGA would love to have it in The ATL.  But, they recruit Jax...so...

“The NCAA delivered its official notice of allegations to Tennessee on Friday regarding violations that allegedly occurred under former coach Jeremy Pruitt, according to a document obtained by the KnoxvilleNews-Sentinel. There are a total of 18 violations in the letter, all of which are Level I -- the most serious in the NCAA's scale of infractions.”

From CBS Sports 

Go Vols?

No bowl forUT?

*sings, “I have never left ol’ Rocky Top and I never will” - certainly not this year*

Edited by spenser1058

On 7/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, spenser1058 said:

Gators predicted to finish 4th in SEC East under Billy Napier
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-uf-florida-gators-20220722-ixx3cw6crbhh7a4kqbqwiq7ouq-story.html

From The Sentinel 

Go Gators?

yep.  well, UF was 4-8 in 2017.  Mullen turned that around in 2018 going 10-3 and No.6 with a NY6 bowl win.

Last year UF was 6-7.  it had bones but no team leaders on defense (injuries and DC that lost control).  This year, the D is gonna be solid.

UK loses in Gainesville.  The problem is SoCar and UT.  Rattler and the Vols on the road.  Uf probably loses to UGA and A&M.  But they've got to win those other games...

they can lose to UK in Gainesville like they did in 2018...so we'll see...

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Which Florida school most belongs in the B1G? It isn’t FSU or Da U:

https://969thegame.iheart.com/content/2022-07-27-marc-daniels-column-florida-to-the-big-ten/

From Marc Daniels at FM96.9 The Game

(and no, it’s not happening)

I don't know if I knew that about UF alumni- to the extent they stated in that article- about being the most spread out nationally in the state and SEC.  And I'm sure that has some to do with where the high school students that are recruited come from too.  

All that aside, the SEC is in good shape and even better shape when money bags Austin U comes to town.  OU, well, ok, but Austin U is big money.  between them and A&M those two may have the most money as a pair than any other tandem in the country.  They had an article listing the richest schools based on endowments, etc.  Did you know Vandy was way up that list?  Of course...the NWO "Vanderbilt" name...may as well call them the Fightin' Rothchilds...  Yep, big money...maybe bigger than UF from what I recall...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I don't know if I knew that about UF alumni- to the extent they stated in that article- about being the most spread out nationally in the state and SEC.  And I'm sure that has some to do with where the high school students that are recruited come from too.  

All that aside, the SEC is in good shape and even better shape when money bags Austin U comes to town.  OU, well, ok, but Austin U is big money.  between them and A&M those two may have the most money as a pair than any other tandem in the country.  They had an article listing the richest schools based on endowments, etc.  Did you know Vandy was way up that list?  Of course...the NWO "Vanderbilt" name...may as well call them the Fightin' Rothchilds...  Yep, big money...maybe bigger than UF from what I recall...

Having lived in Nashville and becoming friends with several folks among staff and students at Vandy (including some from the old money families you mention), it always struck me as odd how many of those folks were so ambivalent about athletics it was if there was a fear of being tainted. There are a number of notable schools in the FBS that are doing fine with athletics, not just academically - think of Stanford and Duke, to name two.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Steve Spurrier, the Head Ball Coach:

“…one of my favorite quotes… is, 'Winners say, There ought to be a better way. Losers say, That’s the way it’s always been.’ “

Something we seem to have lost sight of here in Orlando…

Did the Head Ball Coach attribute Sydney Harris from Winners and Losers?